CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?

Heya! Sorry for the long wait! ^^;;
Listen, I don't know if y'all have been reading the announcements or not, but as the book hits the climax in the near chapters, I will start referencing very old chapters.
Those of you who have been following the development for a while might want to reread it or the chapters I will be referencing. Like Chapter 57 will be referenced soon. :P

——

Frisk POV:

The knocking had stopped for the most part, I had believed she was gone. The thick air seemed like it had thinned from my hyperventilating breaths from my anxiety attack. I didn't want her to get a hold of me, I didn't want her to hurt me like she did earlier.

I hated the way she did this to me! Just to antagonize me! She didn't even try to come in, it's like she wasn't even there.

I uncurled from the forest corner of the small living room and stood up, still shaking from the overwhelming fear that had taken place. I was scared, a could admit. I was really scared.
I was alone, and that scared me the most. I can't fight like I used to, not with that evil intent out of my body.

If anything, I should have just let her stay in my body if I knew all the trouble it would have caused. I hurt so many of my friends.

But a little thoughts hung from the rest, a thought that made me not regret anything. I got my memories back, and that was the most important.
I was able to see them again, I was able to continue the relationships I once had— even if they didn't remember me! I could start over! I can make things right. I wouldn't lose Sans' trust again from the resets.

He does seem a bit happier without knowledge of them. Maybe it could stay like that for now. Those were such a burden to him.

Although I don't think it's safe to go outside at the moment, she could be still lurking, I had wondered where one certain monster was. I wanted to know where he went, why I haven't seen him. I may run by the usual flower patch we played in when we both came to the surface.

When I made him come to the surface.

Suddenly, a loud rattle of the doorknob was heard. My head imminently shot over to the front door,  which it's doorknob was shaking violently. Someone was trying to get in.

There were some muffled yells, very quiet because of the sound proof rooms they implemented for Papyrus. The doorknob continued to raffle before it abruptly stopped. The silver handle was still for a bit a minute before it shook more and more violently.

I backed up against the wall, no! No! She cant be back! She's going to get me! I can't die!

I started breathing heavily again, looking around for some sort of weapon, even if the thought of fighting made me sick. My stomach turned at the very thought of it.
I found nothing.

I could go to the kitchen, but what if I don't make it in time? The door could open and she could get me from behind!

The door swung open swiftly—
"Papyrus?!" I yelled, a blow of relief coming over me. "What are you—" I began to say and all of my anxiety came back in one fell swoop of a second. "What—"

In his arms, laid Sans in a cradle style in his arms. He had an expression of pure pain on his face, and he had began to sweat profusely. One arm, his right, hung low and out of Papyrus' grip, while his left lied on his stomach. He was unconscious.

"HELP ME HUMAN FRISK! HE WON'T WAKE UP!" He yelled, the faint glow of an orange tear began to drop down his cheekbones. "I-IV'E TRIED EVERYTHING! I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" He said, speaking fast and loudly. I quickly ran over towards the unconscious Sans, where Papyrus was still holding him. "SANS. ITS OKAY! YOU CAN WAKE UP! ITS GOING TO BE OKAY, BROTHER..." He said, trying to reassure his brother, as if he were asleep on purpose.

I need to figure out what's wrong? Did he run into Chara? No physical damage appeared on him anywhere that I could see. Maybe this was an internal thing?

"Here, Papyrus." I said, as Papyrus mumbled reassuring things to sans, holding his face close as a Mother would to a sick child. "Lay him here on the couch." I said, arranging a pillow for his head to rest on. I patted the sofa twice, and waited for his response.

After a moment of hesitation, he nodded slightly, putting Sans down on the couch and resting his head on the pillow I had laid out for him. Papyrus also seemed to put a newspaper on the coffee table that had been rolled up in his pocket. Sans' small body sunk into the couch cushions slowly and Papyrus backed up, holding his hands in worry. "IS HE GOING TO BE ALRIGHT?" He said, in a less-enthused voice.

Checking his stats would be the number or priority. I can't have Papyrus around when doing that, I'm not sure if he knows about Sans' ...condition.

"He's going to be fine, Papyrus, I promise." I said I'm the best reassuring voice as I could muster, despite my own doubts. "Just go to your room and I'll take care of him, okay? Call Alphys and tell her I need her to come here. You get your mind off of this, train with Undyne or play with Mettaton, okay?" I said, smiling.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW I TRAINED WITH UNDYNE?" He said, wiping one of his tears from his face. "I NEVER TOLD YOU THAT." He narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Your... brother— Sans told me all about you. That's how much he cares for you." I said, smiling again, more nervously than before. He looked over an Sans and began to tear up again, shaking his head and putting a determined look on his face.

"ALRIGHT." He said. "I WILL GO GET ALPHYS MYSELF, AND TRAIN WITH UNDYNE." He said, breaking his serious face. "CAN I COME BACK SOON?" He said, messing with his hands in a nervous motion.

"Of course. I just need a little time to focus." I said, smiling to him. He smiled slightly and walked out the door, waving a little and giving a glance back to Sans for the last time. "Thanks, Papyrus." I said.

"NO, THANK YOU, FRISK." He said, hesitantly closing the door. "I GOT THE PAPER TOO. ITS ON THE COFFEE TABLE IF YOU WANT IT WHEN YOU ARE DONE."

As soon as the door clicked, I brought up the status of his health, just as Sans showed me a long time ago, and gasped, holding my hand up to my mouth slightly.

What have you been doing?!

SANS: 0.44/1 HP LV: 8
EXP: 24
YOU WEREN'T MEANT TO SEE THIS.

His soul shone brightly as the stats were revealed, his dimmed, almost monochrome soul was frail and cracked. The cracks were large! How much strain had he been putting on his soul?!

He didn't teach me anything about souls! But I sure as hell need to give him some healing stuff! Where the fuck is their food supplies?!

I got up and raced to the kitchen while Sans' HP continued slowly to decrease in number. I looked in the fridge, swinging it open forcefully and halting slightly. It was Jam-packed with spaghetti, but Sans will have to suck it up because he's eating it cold.

I brought the spaghetti to his sleeping body with a fork, swirling the awful-smelling spaghetti around it and holding it up to him.
I held it up to his mouth before I realized I didn't know how I was going to give it to him if he couldn't use his magic to absorb it.

Damn it! I cursed in my head.

I sat the tub of spaghetti on the coffee table in frustration and held my head, I could only hope that Alphys could get here as quickly as possible and give him some healing magic.

If only I had kept Papyrus here to use his healing magic. Then Sans would probably have a chance.
I need to know what did this to him!

Please be okay sans. Please just hang in there.

I begged and begged in my head. If Papyrus ran, he could get to Alphys' in a few minutes. If she ran, she could be here in about 10 or 15 minutes. I have to keep him alive till then.

I hated that I let this happen.