CHAPTER 57: Still with me

Art school was so much fun!! I made so many awesome artworks that I'm REALLY proud of!
My instagram is @battlepenguin54 if you would like to see any of my pieces.

Don't worry. It has no photos of me. Just memes and drawings XD
——

"Who are you people?"

"We are a Mafia organization. Our name is
C. H. E. S. S."

"Why am I Here?"

"You were found on the streets. A monster attack came in waves and murdered your family. Is there anything you remember?"

"It's all fuzzy. Someone dragged me away. They didn't die, my family."

"They died."

"I can remember."

"They died. It's your brain trying to cope."

"I came as soon as possible! Where is she?"

"She remembers, sir. But it's only fuzzy. She's 8, she'll forget someday."

"I won't forget. I won't forget what you've done to me."

"Frisk. I need you to calm down."

"Where is the sedative?!"

"I was so ...cold!"

"Hold her down! She's trying to attack!"

"Red eyes?"

"YOU'LL NEVER BE THE GOOD GUYS TO ME!"

"ALEX! Get away from her!"

——
Sans POV:
3 weeks after the incident.

This had done it.
I was officially 'scared' of you may have called it. I had never felt this scared ever since Papyrus' membership to the Mafia.

The screams of agony and pain were engraved into my mind and kept replaying as she screamed in present day. On that day.

The pain and the horror of the screams and yells for help, my help, just wouldn't subside from the inside of the strange machine in Alphys' lab.

No. It wasn't strange.
I knew exactly what it was, and what it's purpose was. I knew it would hurt her. Why didn't I stop her?

When she stopped wiping the fog off of the glass. I knew there was something wrong. But her screams started..

I cried to Alphys to turn off the machine once she let out the first yell of pain from inside.
"I-I can't! I-I can't t-turn off t-the machine!" She would yell back over her muffled screams from inside the steel machine of horror.

"LET ME IN THERE! I CAN GET HER OUT!"

"I-It'll KILL you!! I-I can't let y-you do that!" She yelled back in horror.

She was right. Despite all of the LOVE I collected over the years... I didn't gain any more HOPE. I was stuck at 1 HP...

"Then SHE'LL Die!" I screamed back. Silencing her.

Her hands were frantic against the control panel. She couldn't think straight. And to be quite frank, I couldn't either.
If I were thinking straight I could have turned off the machine. Because I knew how.

But her screams were traumatizing. Like she had never felt pain before in her life.
Again.. and again..
Like her soul was being ripped in half.

I said I had a bad feeling and I should have gone with my gut instincts.
Frisk shouldn't have agreed to go into the DT extractor.
And I should have destroyed the machine a long time ago.

But, as terrifying as this was. Nothing compares the amount of terror that I felt when her screams subsided.
When they stopped, I thought that her soul had shattered. That she died.

But this happened in mere seconds. Mere minutes. Everything warping and happening all at once. Like the world was about to end right here. Right now.

But it didn't.

The machine finished and I scrambled to open the door. I wouldn't be able to do anything about it for it to open faster. I wasn't strong enough.

But instead .. she stepped out.
A monster of a creation. The monster within and inside of frisk that she had been keeping at bay for years.

This was Frisk. The one C. H. E. S. S. implanted in her soul to create their 'perfect' weapon. Or that's what they thought.

But I didn't know that yet. I didn't know anything yet.

If I thought that some things were confusing now, and if I actually thought this situation was confusing,

Then I didn't know anything yet.

I didn't know what was coming for us. That... monster. That demon.. would be the fall of us all.

Frisk wouldn't be...

Frisk would still be with me.