20

When Quinn got home, she put everything away in her closet. She got all the gifts she had to get except Finn's, Puck's, and Beth's.

Exhausted, Quinn laid down on her bed and decided to text Puck.

I'm sorry

I wanna see you again

To talk

Quinn was disappointed but not surprised to see that Puck didn't text her back. She decided to put her phone away and rehearse her song for her final performance in school the next day.

After hours of rehearsing, Quinn made herself some tea and sat on the couch. She watched reality TV with Rachel until it got late.

Quinn said goodnight to Rachel before heading to bed. She checked her phone one last time, and saw that Puck still hadn't texted her or the glee club groupchat.

Quinn plugged her phone in and put it on her nightstand. She curled up under the covers in her bed, which felt a lot bigger and colder without Puck beside her, and drifted off to sleep.

In the morning, Quinn overslept. She woke up and quickly got ready for class. She caught a taxi and headed to school.

Normally, Quinn would've just rolled over and tried again another time, but she had to perform, so she couldn't skip it.

Quinn walked in a few minutes late, but she didn't care. She took her seat in the third row next to her friend, Ryan.

"This bitch is gonna yell at you." Ryan warned Quinn. "She went through attendance and had everyone write down what solo they're performing."

Quinn nodded slowly. "It's been a shitty week."

"And it's Monday." Ryan muttered. "What are you performing?"

"Never Can Say Goodbye." Quinn responded. "By the Jackson 5."

"Oh, no. You can't do that." Ryan shook his head.

"What? Why not?" Quinn questioned Ryan.

"Miss Fabray, if you're done coming to class late and talking to Mr. Herrera, why don't you perform your final solo?"

Quinn slowly stood up and walked to the front of the room.

"Hi. My name is Quinn Fabray, and I'll be singing..." Quinn began as she looked at Ryan, who was shaking his head.

"Beth by KISS." Quinn blurted.

The band began playing, and Quinn took a deep breath.

Beth, I hear you callin'
But I can't come home right now
Me and the boys are playin'
And we just can't find the sound

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them callin'
Oh Beth, what can I do?
Beth, what can I do?

You say you feel so empty
That our house just ain't a home
I'm always somewhere else
And you're always there alone

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them callin'
Oh Beth, what can I do?
Beth, what can I do?

Beth, I know you're lonely
And I hope you'll be alright
'Cause me and the boys will be playin'
All night
All night

Quinn took a deep breath and glanced at Ryan, who looked impressed. He smiled and started clapping for Quinn.

The rest of the class began clapping and cheering for Quinn until the professor silenced them.