104

On Tuesday morning, Quinn woke up to a voicemail on her phone. She listened to it and returned the call before taking a shower. When she returned to the basement, she found Beth was awake.

"Mommy Quinn, can I wake up Daddy?"

"Sure, Beth." Quinn said. "Just be gentle."

"Daddy! Wake up!" Beth exclaimed as she climbed onto the bed and laid beside Puck. "We're gonna go see Grandma Judy."

"Oh, great." Puck muttered.

"Hey." Quinn scolded.

Puck smirked as he rolled over and looked at Quinn. "Beth, why don't you go upstairs and wake up Aunt Sarah?"

"Okay!" Beth squealed as she ran up the stairs.

Puck looked at Quinn. "You wanna shower with me?"

"Your family is right upstairs." Quinn reminded Puck. "Our daughter is right upstairs."

"We'll be quiet." Puck shrugged.

"I showered already." Quinn told Puck. "And I need to run to the store to get something."

"For what?" Puck wondered.

"You'll see." Quinn answered as she kissed Puck. "I'll be back in less than an hour, okay?"

"Okay." Puck nodded.

"You're okay with Beth? Or do you want me to take her?" Quinn questioned Puck.

"She can stay here." Puck replied as he got up. "I'll make her breakfast and then I'll shower, and then we can take her to your mom's."

Quinn nodded. "See you in a little bit."

"See you."

-

Quinn returned to the Puckerman house about an hour later.

"I made breakfast." Puck told Quinn as he greeted her with a kiss. "There's bacon."

"Thank you." Quinn said. "Where's B?"

"She's inside doing homework." Puck replied.

Quinn raised her eyebrow. "Homework?"

"She's missing a week of school, Q." Puck reminded Quinn. "And I told her to do homework until you're ready to go to your mom's. Sarah's helping her."

Quinn looked at Puck and grinned.

"What?" Puck asked.

"You're so good with her." Quinn noted. "And I'm proud of you."

Puck shrugged. "She's a good kid. She listens."

Quinn nodded. "I'm gonna go get her, and then we'll go?"

"Yeah, sure." Puck replied.

Quinn kissed Puck before walking away to go get Beth.

"B." Quinn said softly as she knocked on Sarah's open door. "Ready to go see my mom?"

Beth nodded and closed her notebook. "I don't wanna do homework anymore, Mommy. It's too hard."

"Daddy said Aunt Sarah was helping you." Quinn said as she glanced at Sarah.

Beth nodded. "With math, but I have to do writing by myself."

"I'll look later and see if I can help you." Quinn told Beth. "Go put your shoes on please."

Beth nodded and left the room with her books.

"Thanks for helping her, Sarah." Quinn said. "Did you wanna come to my mom's with us?"

Sarah shook her head. "That's okay. I'll see you guys later."

Quinn nodded and went back downstairs to the living room where Puck and Beth were waiting.

-

The trio got in the car and went to Judy's. When they got there, Quinn parked and helped Beth out. She took Puck's hand and led the way to the door.

Quinn rang the doorbell and looked at Puck nervously.

A few minutes later, the door opened and Judy stood there.

"Quinny? What a nice surprise! Come inside!" Judy exclaimed as she hugged her daughter. "And Beth and Noah."

"Hi, Mrs. Fabray." Puck smiled.

"Hi." Judy replied. "What happened to you?"

"Oh, I broke my wrist and my finger at work. I'm okay." Puck promised. "And now I have some time off."

Judy nodded. "Well, that part's good. Hi, Beth. How are you?"

"Hi. I'm good." Beth answered.

"Good." Judy repeated. "Why don't you three come in and make yourselves at home?"

Quinn led Puck and Beth into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" Judy wondered as she sat down with the trio.

"Tomorrow is Noah's birthday, so we decided to come to Lima and spend it with his mom and sister." Quinn explained.

"Quinn decided." Puck corrected Quinn. "I'm not big on my birthday."

"Well, happy early birthday." Judy smiled. "You should enjoy it."

"I'm sure whatever Quinn planned is gonna be great." Puck shrugged.

Quinn nodded as she looked at her mom. "How are you, Mom? What's new?"

"Not much." Judy answered. "I saw Frannie a few weeks ago."

"Who's that?" Beth wondered.

"My sister." Quinn told Beth.

"You have a sister?" Beth asked.

Quinn nodded.

"How come I never met her?" Beth questioned Quinn.

"It's complicated." Quinn shrugged. "Frannie and I don't get along."

Beth furrowed her eyebrow and looked at Puck.

"He hasn't met her either." Quinn told Beth. "We haven't talked in over six years."

"Why?" Beth asked.

"She didn't agree with some of my choices and she didn't support me when I needed her to." Quinn explained. "But it's okay."

Beth nodded slowly.

Quinn looked at Judy, who was biting her lip. "B, why don't you tell Grandma about school? And dance class?"