29

On Christmas Eve, Rachel went to Lima with Finn after begging Quinn to come with them. Quinn had insisted on staying in New York and enjoying her favorite holiday on her own.

Quinn was watching The Polar Express when Puck finally texted her back.

thank u. hav fun w ur mom

im actually not with my mom. she canceled to go to my sister's again

oh

you should come over

im working

You said you were off on Christmas

I wanna talk to you

And apologize

there's nothing 2 apologize 4

Please just come over tomorrow

I'm going to Shelby's in the morning 2 give Beth her present but I'll stop by after

Thank you. See you then

c u Q

Night Puck

Nite

Quinn put her phone down and turned her attention back to the movie. She was barely paying attention because she was too busy thinking about what she would say to Puck.

Quinn jumped when her phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Quinn. It's Mercedes."

"Oh, hey, Mercedes." Quinn said. "I love the album. You sound amazing."

"Thank you." Mercedes replied. "Everyone loves Puck's voice on it, too. He sounds great."

"He does." Quinn agreed. "What's up? How are you?"

"I'm good." Mercedes answered. "How are you?"

"Good." Quinn replied.

"Good." Mercedes repeated. "I'm actually calling because I have some time off and I wanna surprise Sam. Is he still in New York? He didn't call me back."

"No, Sam went to Lima." Quinn answered. "I haven't heard from him since the other day when he left. Stevie has appendicitis."

"Oh no. I guess I'll meet him in Lima then." Mercedes noted.

"Well, how long are you off?" Quinn wondered. "Because I'd love to see you, too."

"A few months." Mercedes replied. "I'm gonna take some time to explore New York and write new songs, and then when I'm ready to record, I'll probably head back to L.A."

"I'm so proud of you." Quinn told Mercedes. "The album sounds great, and you've worked so hard."

"Thank you." Mercedes said. "I'm proud of you, too. I heard you got straight A's."

"Rachel told you that?" Quinn guessed.

"Yes." Mercedes laughed lightly. "Not that I was surprised, but that's so good, Quinn. Congrats."

"Thank you." Quinn replied. "Did Rachel also tell you I'm not going back next semester?"

"No." Mercedes said. "Why not?"

"I have a lot going on, and I hate school." Quinn answered.

"If you ever wanna talk, call me." Mercedes requested. "Okay?"

"Okay." Quinn said. "I'll talk to you soon. Have a Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas! Bye, Quinn."

"Bye."