36

"It has two lines?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah." Puck said as he picked up the instructions. "What does that mean?"

"That's positive." Quinn responded.

Puck looked at her.

"M-Maybe it's a... a false positive." Quinn stuttered. "I'm gonna take another one."

Puck nodded slowly.

Quinn shoved Puck out of the bathroom before she took the second pregnancy test. Her heart was racing.

Puck knocked on the door after two minutes. "Quinn? You okay?"

"Yeah." Quinn lied.

When the time was up, Quinn looked at the pregnancy test. It had a plus sign.

"I'm gonna take the third one." Quinn announced.

"I'll be right here." Puck responded.

Quinn peed on the third pregnancy test and waited to check it. When the time was up, she unlocked the bathroom door and opened it.

"I'm gonna schedule an appointment with my doctor." Quinn informed Puck.

"Were they all positive?" Puck asked as he picked up the other pregnancy tests and looked at them.

Quinn nodded as she sat down on the closed lid of the toilet. "I can't believe this is happening."

Puck took Quinn's hands and crouched down in front of her. "It's gonna be okay."

Quinn shook her head. "This wasn't supposed to happen."

"Maybe not, but it'll be fine." Puck promised.

"We were really careful." Quinn reminded Puck. "About everything."

Puck nodded. "Sometimes things happen."

Quinn took a deep breath. "Thank you for being here today."

"I wouldn't be anywhere else." Puck replied as he stood up. "Come here."

Quinn stood up and hugged Puck. She buried her head against his chest while he held her.

When they parted, Quinn wiped her eyes and looked at Puck. "I don't know how you're so calm about this."

"This isn't like last time." Puck pointed out. "We're adults now."

"Still." Quinn shrugged.

"How do you feel?" Puck asked.

"I've been puking my guts out all day. Actually, I've felt nauseous a lot lately." Quinn answered. "I hate it."

Puck took Quinn's hand. "It'll get better soon."

"Honestly, it's all happening so fast." Quinn said.

"Well, let me know when you make your doctor's appointment, and I'll take you." Puck told Quinn. "If you'll let me."

Quinn nodded. "I'd like that. Thank you."

"Cool." Puck smiled.

Quinn smiled back.