35

Quinn bit her lip. "I don't think so."

Puck slowly sat down beside Quinn on the couch. "Well, it's possible, right?"

"I... I guess." Quinn replied as she thought about it. "I have been feeling really shitty lately."

"Maybe you should take a test." Puck suggested.

"I don't wanna take a test." Quinn said.

"Why not?" Puck wondered.

"What if it's positive?" Quinn asked.

"What if it's not?" Puck responded.

"What if it's positive?" Quinn repeated.

Puck looked at Quinn. "Everything will be fine. If it's positive, we'll be ready for it."

Quinn bit her lip.

"Don't start worrying until we know for sure." Puck advised Quinn as he stood up.

"Where are you going?" Quinn questioned Puck.

"I'm gonna go buy some pregnancy tests." Puck shrugged.

Quinn shook her head as she stood up.

"I'm gonna go buy them, and then I'm gonna come back and we'll do this together." Puck promised. "Everything is gonna be fine."

"You don't know that." Quinn said.

"You're probably worrying over nothing." Puck told Quinn as he squeezed her hands. He kissed her cheek and let go of her hands before leaving the apartment.

Quinn paced back and forth nervously while she waited for Puck to come back.

Quinn's heart started beating faster when her phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me. I'm at the store, and there's like five hundred kinds here." Puck noted. "How many did you take with Beth?"

"I don't remember." Quinn answered. "Just get a few different brands and come back here."

"Is three enough?" Puck wondered.

"Three is fine, just come back." Quinn requested as she hung up the phone.

Quinn took deep breaths and continued pacing around while she waited for Puck to return.

About ten minutes later, Puck walked into the apartment.

"You should really lock your door." Puck stated.

"Shut up." Quinn commanded as she took the bag from Puck. "Pregnancy tests and cigarettes. Good combination, Noah."

"I had to get myself something." Puck shrugged as he took the cigarettes from Quinn.

"I thought you didn't smoke anymore." Quinn replied.

"Go pee on your sticks." Puck ordered.

"You should quit." Quinn said as she took the bag.

"If it's positive, I'll quit." Puck promised.

Quinn walked away and went into the bathroom. She locked the door and took a deep breath as she opened the first box.

Puck knocked on the door. "How's it going, Q?"

"I'm reading the instructions." Quinn answered.

"Haven't you done this before?" Puck asked.

Quinn took a deep breath. "Shut up, Noah."

Puck knocked on the door again. "Q?"

"Go outside for a cigarette." Quinn commanded. "I can't do this with you standing right outside the door."

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait here?" Puck asked.

"Just go outside." Quinn repeated. "Come back when you're done."

"Alright." Puck said.

Quinn took a deep breath as she peed on the stick. She waited a few minutes, but when the time was up, she didn't look at the pregnancy test.

Quinn unlocked the door when she heard Puck return.

"What's it say?" Puck questioned Quinn as he walked into the bathroom.

Quinn shrugged. "I can't look."

"Can I check it?" Puck asked.

Quinn nodded and handed Puck the stick.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow as he looked at the pregnancy test.

"Quinn."

Quinn looked at Puck. "Yeah?"

"What does two lines mean?" Puck wondered.