28

At the end of the day, Quinn went home to her apartment. She was exhausted, but happy. She had fun working and hanging out with Sam all day.

Quinn headed to bed early.

In the morning, Quinn got ready and headed to Sam's apartment.

Sam was waiting outside.

"Hi, Sam."

"Hi, Quinn. Long time, no see." Sam responded.

"I have to finish my Christmas shopping, too." Quinn told Sam. "Let's do that, and then get a tree, and head back to my place."

Sam nodded. "Who do you still need to get presents for?"

"Puck and Beth." Quinn answered. "I have no clue what to get for either of them."

"Get Beth one of those giant teddy bears." Sam suggested.

"Okay." Quinn nodded. "What about Puck?"

Sam shrugged. "What does he need?"

"I'll figure it out." Quinn muttered. "Come on."

Quinn dragged Sam to multiple stores. She didn't see anything for Beth or Puck, so she bought Mercedes' album for herself before heading to get a Christmas tree.

Sam helped Quinn pick out a Christmas tree. When they found a good one, they paid for it and took it back to Quinn and Rachel's apartment.

Quinn and Sam put up the tree in the living room and wrapped it in lights and tinsel. Quinn put the few ornaments she had on the tree, and Sam put the star on top.

"It looks good." Sam noted.

Quinn nodded in agreement. "It does."

"I'm gonna put that Christmas album on." Sam decided.

"You do that." Quinn commanded as she handed Sam the CD. "I'm gonna go get a drink. Do you want anything?"

"Yeah, I'll take a water." Sam replied.

Quinn walked into the kitchen and grabbed two water bottles. She returned to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"It's so great to have someone that doesn't make fun of me for drinking water and eating salad." Quinn stated.

"I know, right?" Sam agreed as he sat down in the couch and took the water from Quinn. "I feel good when I eat good, you know?"

Quinn nodded.

The two blondes sipped their waters while they listened to the Christmas album.

"Mercedes sounds really good." Quinn noted.

"She does." Sam nodded. "Wait 'til you hear the duet she did with Puck."

"What'd they sing?" Quinn wondered.

"Let It Snow." Sam replied. "And Puck has a solo on the album. He sang Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas."

Quinn nodded back. "I wanna hear them."

"They're at the end." Sam said. "Patience."

"You know I don't have patience." Quinn smiled.

Sam smiled back. "Yeah, I know."

Quinn and Sam sat there for a while talking and enjoying the music together.

Sam's phone went off, so he got up to answer it. "It's my mom. I'll be right back."

Quinn nodded as Sam walked away.

Quinn continued listening to the album and smiled when she heard Puck's voice. She took out her phone and decided to text Puck.

I just heard the album - you sound really good

I'm proud of you

Quinn pocketed her phone as Sam returned.

"Hey, I have to go. Stevie has appendicitis." Sam told Quinn.

"Oh my god, is he okay?" Quinn asked.

"He'll be okay, but I have to get to Lima." Sam nodded.

Quinn frowned as she stood up and hugged Sam. "Good luck. I'll pray for him."

Sam smiled slightly as they parted. "Thank you. Have a Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." Quinn echoed. "Thanks for your help today. Let me know how your brother is when you can."

"I will." Sam promised as he left.

Quinn sat down on the couch and looked at her phone.