98

"Hey, Sam."

"Quinn! Hey." Sam grinned as he greeted Quinn with a hug.

"Are you ready for this?" Quinn asked when they parted.

"I'm excited, but I'm so nervous." Sam answered. "But mostly excited. What about you?"

"I'm mostly nervous." Quinn replied. "My stomach's in knots and I feel like I'm gonna throw up."

"It's gonna be awesome." Sam promised. "You're hot and I'm hot, and it's gonna be perfect."

Quinn nodded, though she wasn't feeling too hot.

"They pushed us back an hour, so you can hang out here if you want." Sam told Quinn.

Quinn nodded slowly and sat down on the couch.

"So what's new?" Sam wondered as he sat down beside Quinn.

"Noah broke his wrist and his pinky." Quinn blurted. "He was supposed to get a real hard cast, but he's stubborn, so he got, like, an ace bandage thing."

Sam frowned. "Is he okay?"

"He's fine." Quinn said. "Thankfully."

"I'm coming to Lima for his birthday." Sam informed Quinn. "Me and Mercedes are, actually."

"Cool." Quinn smiled slightly. "He'll love that."

"Yeah." Sam agreed as he handed Quinn a water bottle. "Help yourself to food, too."

"Thanks." Quinn said. She held onto the water bottle.

"What else is new?" Sam wondered.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Quinn decided as she put the water bottle down and quickly excused herself.

Quinn walked into the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. She rinsed her mouth in the sink and splashed cold water on her face and neck.

When Quinn was feeling a little better, she returned to Sam's dressing room.

"Hey, you okay?" Sam asked.

Quinn nodded, afraid that if she spoke, she'd throw up again.

"They just came by to see if you were here yet." Sam told Quinn. "They're waiting in your dressing room because they wanna start your hair and makeup."

Quinn nodded again.

"So I'll see you later." Sam smiled excitedly.

"See you later." Quinn echoed as she walked out of the room and went to her dressing room.

Quinn greeted everyone and sat down for her hair and makeup. She scrolled through her phone, checking her texts and checking to see if anyone else was coming to Lima for Puck's birthday.

good luck today baby

even though u don't need it

I love you

Thank you

I love you so much ❤️

Quinn smiled as she put her phone down.