47

"Hey."

Quinn slowly turned around. "Hey."

"What are you doing out here?" Puck asked.

"I just needed some air." Quinn answered. "What are you doing out here?"

"Looking for you." Puck responded. "They're bringing out dessert, and I didn't think you'd wanna miss the pie."

Quinn nodded. "I'll be there in a few minutes."

"You're not out here 'cause you hate your gift, right?" Puck questioned Quinn. "I know it was from Jake, but-"

"I know you picked it out." Quinn cut Puck off. "I love it."

"Oh, good. What are you thinking about?" Puck wondered.

"Monday." Quinn said.

"I'm nervous, too." Puck admitted.

Quinn raised her eyebrow and looked at him. "You are?"

Puck nodded. "Because we don't know for sure yet."

"If this is happening again, it'll be worse this time." Quinn stated.

"How?" Puck asked.

"Because last time, it was only nine months of my life." Quinn responded. "And you and I only dealt with it together for a few of those months."

Puck nodded slowly.

"I'm not placing another baby up for adoption." Quinn clarified. "It was too painful the first time."

"I agree." Puck nodded.

"But it's gonna be harder this time." Quinn continued. "Because this will interfere with my career and... everything."

"We'll figure it all out together, okay?" Puck promised Quinn as he took her hand and squeezed it. "You'll have me, and our families, and all of our friends."

Quinn nodded. "I know, but I'm still nervous."

"I know." Puck responded. "But you can't obsess over it. Not until we know for sure."

"I know." Quinn replied as she looked at Puck.

"Come on." Puck said as he put his arm around Quinn. "Let's go get you some pumpkin pie."