60

Puck led Quinn over to Shelby and Beth's table. "Hey, Shelby. Hi, Beth."

"Daddy!" Beth exclaimed as she looked at Puck and Quinn. "And Mommy?!"

Quinn looked at Puck, who nodded.

"H-Hi, Beth." Quinn stuttered nervously. "Hi, Shelby."

"Hi, guys." Shelby grinned. "It's good to see you two. Beth, why don't you come here and let them sit together?"

Beth shook her head as she stood up on the bench and grabbed Quinn's arm. "I want Mommy to sit next to me."

"Sit down." Shelby said. "We don't stand on benches."

Beth frowned as she sat down and looked at Quinn.

Quinn slowly sat down beside Beth as Puck sat down across from Quinn, next to Shelby.

"So how are you two?" Puck asked. "What's new?"

"Nothing." Beth answered.

"How are you guys?" Shelby wondered as she looked at Quinn. "It's been a while."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"I'm good." Puck shrugged. "I've been working a lot lately, and I did a song on that Christmas album with Mercedes."

"We heard that. You sound really great, but you're still at the firehouse, right?" Shelby asked.

"Thank you." Puck nodded as he looked at Quinn. "Yeah, I'm still at the firehouse."

"And, Quinn, you're still modeling? Or acting?" Shelby questioned Quinn.

"I'm actually kind of taking a little break right now." Quinn said. "But Sam and I did a Calvin Klein photoshoot recently that should be released soon, and I might audition for Artie's movie."

Shelby nodded. "Sounds really cool."

Quinn glanced at Puck. "Yeah, we haven't really talked about it yet."

"Well, that's great." Shelby smiled. "I'm really proud of both of you. You've come so far."

"Thank you." Puck responded as his phone went off. He took it out of his pocket to silence it and furrowed his eyebrow. "That's Sarah, I'll be right back. Sorry."

Puck answered the phone as he walked away.

Shelby looked at Quinn. "I'm glad you came. You look good. And thin."

Quinn nodded slowly. "Thank you?"

"What have you been up to? Besides work?" Shelby asked.

"Not much." Quinn admitted. "I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with Noah, and we went to Lima after Christmas."

"Are you two together?" Shelby wondered.

"Yeah." Quinn nodded. "It's still sort of new, but we're really happy. I just moved in with him."

"That's really nice." Shelby responded. "You two are good together. You make each other better."

Quinn smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Can I sleepover one day?" Beth requested.

"We'll find a day soon, okay?" Quinn smiled.

Beth nodded happily as Puck returned.

"Everything okay?" Quinn asked.

Puck nodded. "Yeah, it was just about my dad. He showed up at Sarah's school today."

"Your dad's back?" Shelby questioned Puck.

Puck nodded and looked at Beth. "It's a really long story that I don't wanna get into right now, but yeah."

Shelby nodded slowly. "I'm sorry to hear that."

Puck shook his head. "It's fine. Really."

"Is Sarah okay?" Quinn asked.

Puck nodded. "Jake went over there to pick her up."

"Daddy, how come I never see your daddy? Or Mommy's daddy?" Beth asked.

"We don't see them either." Puck told Beth. "They aren't good people."

Beth frowned.

"Beth, why don't you tell them about school?" Shelby suggested, changing the subject.

"I hate school." Beth said. "It's stupid."

Puck smiled slightly.

"I wonder where she gets that from." Quinn replied as she looked at Puck.

"She's very smart though." Shelby told Quinn and Puck. "Her grades are great."

"I wonder where she gets that from." Puck teased as he looked at Quinn.