76

"Hey." Sam smiled at Quinn when he walked into his apartment.

"Hey." Quinn smiled back. "I just ordered dinner."

"Cool, thanks." Sam said as he sat down on the couch. "I wanna talk to you."

Quinn nodded slowly. "What's up?"

"I love having you here." Sam began. "We eat the same things and only drink water, and we look good because we pay attention to our bodies and-"

"Sam." Quinn cut him off. "You want me to go."

"No! Well, yeah." Sam muttered. "But I don't. I like having you here, Quinn."

"It's okay." Quinn nodded as she got up. "I get it. I've been here for almost a week and I should get out of your way."

"It's not that." Sam told Quinn. "Mercedes is coming to New York tomorrow night, and she's gonna live here until she has to go back to L.A., and-"

"Sam, it's okay. I get it." Quinn insisted. "I should get back to my life and let you get back to yours."

Sam looked at her.

"I've been avoiding everyone for the past week." Quinn responded as she got up from the couch. "I'll pack my things and I'll leave in the morning."

"Are you sure?" Sam questioned Quinn.

"You've been nothing but accommodating and sweet this past week." Quinn said. "And I'm really grateful, but I know what I need to do now."

Sam nodded. "Well, let's just enjoy our last dinner as roommates."

Quinn nodded back and smiled in agreement.

-

The two blondes ate their pizza together. Neither of them had much to say, so they ate in silence.

After dinner, Quinn excused herself to pack her things. She grabbed her phone and turned it on.

When Quinn's phone was on, her texts from the past week started flooding her screen.

Quinn took a deep breath as she clicked on Puck's text.