31

Quinn woke up to a knock on the apartment door. Slowly, she stood up and walked to the door. Quinn opened the door and looked at Puck.

"Hey." Quinn said softly. "Come in."

"Hey." Puck said as he walked in and put the gift bag in his hand on the counter. He eyed Quinn's Christmas pajamas and messy bun. "Did you forget I was coming over?"

Quinn shook her head as she closed the apartment door and locked it. "I was just resting."

"You okay?" Puck wondered.

Quinn nodded as she slowly sat down on the couch.

Puck sat down beside her. "Merry Christmas, Q."

Quinn smiled slightly. "Merry Christmas."

The pair went silent for a moment.

"I'm really sorry for what I said to you about Beth when we all went to that dinner." Puck apologized. "I know that's hard for you."

Quinn shook her head. "I'm not mad at you."

"Oh, good." Puck said with relief. "Is there something else you wanted to talk about?"

"Lima." Quinn replied. "And your dad."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "What about him?"

"I know you saw him." Quinn stated. "I just figured you'd wanna talk about it."

"No." Puck shook his head. "I told Finn I'm fine."

"Fine doesn't act the way you've been acting." Quinn noted.

Puck raised his eyebrow. "Whatever Finn told you-"

"Finn didn't have to tell me anything." Quinn cut Puck off. "I saw you when you came back. I know how messed up your dad makes you."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"I just wanna know what made you go to Lima to see him." Quinn requested.

"He showed up at the house." Puck answered. "My sister called me crying. She was home alone and she was scared."

"Where was Jake?" Quinn asked.

"Glee club maybe." Puck guessed. "I just rushed there as fast as I could so I would be there if he came back."

"Did he?" Quinn wondered.

"Yes." Puck explained. "I didn't see him for long because I made him leave, but he told me I was nothing and he didn't care about me. He was back to see Sarah."

"You're not nothing." Quinn stated. "Your dad-"

"I don't wanna keep talking about him." Puck interrupted. "He wants to see Sarah and have a relationship with her. Honestly, I wouldn't care if he dropped dead instead."

"Puck." Quinn said softly.

"I wouldn't." Puck repeated as he took a deep breath.

Quinn bit her lip and took Puck's hand. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for how I've been treating you lately, and I'm sorry I made you leave after you said... you know."

Puck nodded slowly. "I know. It's okay."

Quinn nodded back.