89

"Noah will be home any minute." Quinn noted. "But I wanted to ask you something first."

"What?" Sarah wondered.

"Do you think I should tell him I saw your dad?" Quinn asked.

Sarah furrowed her eyebrow. "You saw our dad? When?"

"Yesterday." Quinn answered.

"You should tell him." Sarah advised Quinn. "'Cause if he finds out somehow - and knowing him, he will - he'll be mad that you didn't."

Quinn nodded. "I know, but... Your dad is such a sore subject. You know how he gets with him."

"He just has to deal with it." Sarah said.

"Yeah, you're right." Quinn sighed. "I guess you are the smart Puckerman."

"Like there was ever any doubt." Sarah smirked.

"I don't know, Beth is pretty close." Quinn shrugged.

Sarah looked at Quinn. "How is Beth?"

"She's good." Quinn answered. "Getting big."

"I can't believe she'll be six soon." Sarah stated.

"Me neither." Quinn nodded as the apartment door opened.

"Two of my favorite girls." Puck smiled.

"Ew." Sarah muttered.

"How was work?" Quinn wondered.

"Not bad." Puck shrugged as he sat down on the couch. "How are you two?"

"Quinn wanted to tell you something." Sarah blurted.

"Sarah." Quinn looked at the brunette.

Puck looked at Quinn. "What's up?"

"I, uh, I saw your dad yesterday." Quinn said softly.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "You saw my dad? Where?"

"He was here." Quinn answered.

"He was here?" Puck's eyes widened. "What'd he want? He didn't hurt you, did he? You didn't let him in, right?"

"I'm fine. I didn't let him in." Quinn told Puck. "I didn't really know who he was at first anyway."

"What'd he want?" Puck repeated.

"He asked where you were and I said you were working." Quinn explained. "And then he said to tell you your father stopped by."

Puck clenched his jaw. "I have no idea how he found this place."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"I'm glad you're okay and I'm sorry you had to deal with him." Puck added. "But you should've texted me when I was at work."

"No." Quinn said. "I wasn't gonna tell you that while you were working."

Puck looked at Sarah. "When you go back to Lima, you need to talk to Mom and Jake and make sure that they don't talk to him, and if they do, don't tell him anything about me or Quinn. Or Beth."

"They know." Sarah said.

"Make sure." Puck ordered. "And that goes for you, too. I don't want him showing up here bothering my girlfriend."

"I know." Sarah responded. "Mom and Jake know, too."

"Make sure." Puck repeated. "It's bad enough he came here. I don't want him finding Beth."

"He won't." Sarah promised.

"I'm gonna go shower." Puck decided as he got up. "I'll start dinner when I'm done."

Quinn bit her lip as Puck walked away.