📃: XVI

🖋

🖋

Flashback

YOU

"What the hell..."
I was reading a manga that I borrowed from Jimin yesterday.

"It's the best manga series I ever read in my entire life!" Jimin said.

I knew that I should have never believe in him. I didn't even get why he read this kind of thing! Being a black belt at Judo didn't stop Jimin from reading Shoujo manga (genre manga for girls). Hence, Jimin even cried while reading it.

He never ashamed that the fact, he was a boy who actually collecting shoujo mangas. Totally opposite of me who were a fan of Shounen manga. Mostly thrillers and mystery. But nowadays, I don't know which manga I should read. My favorite was D Gray Man, but yet, it was discontinued. And that's when I broke into Jimin's room and borrow some of his favorite series. Trying to at least, read what girls supposed to read.

-

"This is so fuckin cliché." I mumbled to myself while walking around the college hallway, eyes still locked on the book I had just borrowed from Jimin.

"I don't get why he read this shit." I rolled my eyes as I flipped between the pages.

"The girl bumped into her handsome senior. Falling in love right away. Totally whipped, confessed. And later the handsome senior fell back to the super-ordinary-looking protagonist. Could it be even more cliché?!" 

How could someone fall in love with stranger who they just met? That's the most ridiculous thing I ever know. Yet it's always been included in every damn shoujo manga, especially Jimin's favorite one.

Most of the handsome man I met, usually turnout to be a fuck boy. Even if you were lucky enough to met the one with the good personality, they usually already taken, or simply interested with only pretty girls. Do you think this kind of cliché existed in real life?

This was the reason why I should only read shounen manga. Why did I even try?

-

It was a pretty quiet afternoon, since every student should be on their lunch inside the cafeteria. I could wander around freely while reading the book. Carelessly walking down the stairs without looking that someone actually walked up in the opposite of my way. I was too drowned into the manga- exactly at a scene where the girl student bumped into her handsome senior.

That's why you should be careful with what's you're going to say. Because your words are your dagger. Karma is a bitch.

Just like the scene that I had just read in the manga, I bumped into a stranger who walked right in front of me. The stranger was also drowned in his own textbook that he didn't see me coming.

I couldn't keep my balance, I dropped the manga and shut my eyes tight.

"Woaaa!!!" I shouted in reflex.

And there was a loud thud. Oddly enough, I didn't feel any pain at all, I was already preparing myself mentally, to feel the pain shoot all over my body. But instead of getting hurt, I fell right onto something firm yet warm.

I opened my eyes when I heard someone groaning and... there that someone was laying exactly underneath me! I fell right onto someone else's body! This is so embarrassing! Gosh...

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. And when I opened my eyes, my jaw instantly dropped. My eyes grew wide, my heart was beating wildly inside my chests.

When he opened his eyes and both of our eyes met, I could already feel my cheeks burning. He was soooo handsome. Trust me, I don't compliment someone handsome that easily unless they really are one of a kind. And this stranger was indeed, one of his kind.

But I quickly shook my ridiculous thoughts away when I found him also staring at me. I'm pretty sure I saw his jaw dropped as well or maybe it was just a fragment of my imagination? I don't know anymore, because...

...God, this creature in front of me right now, was the real definition of ethereal. He got this plumps pink lips, his eyes were big and doe. He got a very flawless skin- very contrasted to mine, who was a girl and supposed to have a clearer skin, yet I'm not. He groaned in pain as his back hitting the hard on floor.

Am I already die? Is this what you call heaven? Is he perhaps, an angel? All those questions kept lingering inside my mind as I kept on staring at the stranger.

And just like the shitty manga with shitty cliché I had read a few minutes ago, I fell for a handsome senior I had never met before.

-

"Are you okay?" He asked, snapping me back to my reality.

I shook my head furiously.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I hurriedly stood up and grabbed his hand to help him stood up.

"Did you hit your head?? We should go to the infirmary! I'm so sorry!!" I repeatedly bowed my head.

"Hey, hey calm down, it's okay, seriously. I didn't fall that hard." He smiled, a precious smile that melted my heart away.

And God, I felt so disgusted at myself right now. I literally just licked my own spits, calling Jimin and his comic book a shit and here I am, becoming the real living shit.

🖋

(Edited)