3. Did he just quote Pinocchio?

It was finally saturday, the day of the party. Nat and I had painted each others nails and after that we got dressed. She was a bit like the big sister I never had. 

I had never seen her in a dress, she was very pretty. I hoped I would look like her when I got older. She was wearing a black knee lenght dress with short white sleeves over it. 

I put on my dress after her, it was my blue dress, my favorite. It was knee lenght and had short sleeves. It was one aunt Peggy had given me from her own wardrobe.

I curled Nat's hair and she curled mine. When she was done she sighed " Done, you have a lot of hair O." It was true, it was pretty long. That's how I always liked it. The only thing I did to it was change the color in it from time to time. At that moment it had a purple dipdye.

When we were finally done we made our way downstairs to the party. There were already a fair amount of people. 

I spotted dad with a few familiar faces, so I decided to join them. 

Rhodey had just begon to tell a story. " Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, 'Boom! You looking for this?'"

The story made me laugh. It was pretty badass. But dad and Thor didn't seem to get it though. 

"Boom! Are you looking...Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills." he said annoyed. 

" That's the whole story?" Thor asked confused. 

" Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey told him.

Thor didn't really know what to do " Well, it's very good then." he laughed uncomfertably. " It's impressive." 

Rhodey just decided to let it go and started a new topic. " Quality save. So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" 

I looked over at dad, I hadn't seen her in a while. " No." he said. 

" Hey, what about Jane?" Maria asked " Where are the ladies, gentlemen?" 

Dad smiled " Well, Miss Potts has a company to run." 

" Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor added. The convergenece, that was a story I had heard several times. Dark elves and Loki dying again. 

To me it souded like he tried to one up dad.

" And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting."

They were defenitely trying to one up each other. 

"There's even talk of Jane getting a... um, uh...Nobel prize." Did he even know what that was?

" Yeah, they...they must be busy because they'd hate missing you guys get together." Maria said. She mock coughed looking at me " Testosterone! Oh, excuse me." 

" Want a lozenge?"Rhodey asked leadding her away, I followed them. We ended up talking to another group of people who did laugh at Rhodey's story.

After an hour or three I had talked to everyone I knew. So I decided to walk around the upper part of the party area for a bit. I was walking around with my drink in my hand, when I turned the corner to go to the bathroom and bumped into someone. My drink spilled over his suit a bit. 

" Oh I'm so sorry." I said, the guy was around my age, maybe a year or two older. 

" What the hell. Watch where you're going." he said annoyed while looking at his suit.