48. You're a wanted criminal

" And you're sure you don't need any new shoes?" I asked Nat while fitting mine. I put my phone between my shoulder and my ear to tie up the laces of my new combat boots. 

* I'm pretty sure. Now don't forget to be back by 8 okey.* I always had a curfew, 8pm exact. I payed for the shoes in cash and made my way outside. I was walking fast, I needed to catch my bus to get home in time. 

There were a lot of people in the streets of New York. Shopping, going out, enjoying themselves. When I turned a corner I bumped into someone making him drop his plastic bag. " Oh I'm so sorry." I said picking it up for the guy. When I looked up I saw a face I thought I would never see again. " Coulson?!"  I asked confused and in shock.

He looked at me, with the face of a child that had been caught with his hand in a cookie jar. I couldn't believe it, he was supposed to be dead. I had seen him die right in front of me. But there he was, looking at me with his dumbfounded face. 

" Odette." was the first thing he said while taking the bag from me. My brain was racing to find an explanation. 

" You died right in front of me." I told him. He ushered me into a less crowded part of the street. I was still looking at him like I had seen a ghost. Coulson being alive was crazy. 

" They saved me." he said. 

" Where have you been all this time?" I asked confused. 

" Going on missions for SHIELD." He was still working for SHIELD?! That meant Fury knew he was alive. 

" Fury has a lot of explaining to do." I said. He had been lying to us for five years. 

" You can't tell the rest." he suddenly said. 

" What? Why not?" I asked. 

" Fury believes they will, not be so pleased with him." 

" No shit Sherlock." I said " He told us you were dead!" 

" Promise me." he said. 

" Why would I?" I asked him. 

" As far as I know. You're a wanted criminal." he smiled slyly. 

" How do you know that?" I asked. 

He smiled " I have my people. Now promise me." I looked at him, I couldn't believe he was alive. 

" Fine." I said " But you just made me miss my bus so you're driving me to Orange county.

" He rolled his eyes " Fine."

He dropped me off in the lane going up to the house, it was around a quarter before 8. I walked in and dropped my new shoes in the hall. I still couldn't believe he was alive. All this time that we thought he was dead, he had just been working for Fury.

" Had a nice day?" Sam asked while he was watching TV. 

" Yeah." I sighed " Would be a lot nicer if I didn't have to go around wearing sunglasses and a cap." I grabbed a handful of the popcorn he was eating. 

" I left you some lasagna, it's in the fridge." he said pulling his bowl a bit closer to him. 

" Thank god, I'm starving." I cheered and went to grab it. After heating it up I went to sit down next to Sam again. 

" What are we watching?" I asked. 

" Brooklyn Nine-Nine." he said. I had never heard of the show, but after just a minute I was already laughing my ass off. 

" I'm going to bed." Sam said after a few episodes. 

" Cool cool cool cool cool." I answered in a Jake Peralta kind of voice. I watched another episode and went to my room as well.

I was laying on my bed and browsing the internet. Looking to see if I could find information on Coulson. After some digging I found some articles. He had had a busy few years. Too much to read all about, but the guy had lived. And what had we done in the meantime? Dad created a murderbot that we had to take out, and we fell out over some stupid accords.

I was standing in the middle of a destroyed city. I didn't recognize it. It was quiet, too quiet. Scattered along the streets were bodies. They were dead, but there was no blood or signs of hurt. It was like they were sleeping. The city looked futuristic, but there was still a lot of green. A big building that looked like it was made of glass, stood at the end of a big lane. There was a hole in the side of it, there was black smoke coming out of it. 

I looked up at the sky, it was clear and blue, without a single cloud. But when I looked around that sky I noticed there wasn't one, but three suns. I wasn't on earth, so then where was I? And why was I seeing this?

I woke up, but this time not in shock. Just in utter confusion.