41. Letter

At school the only thing everyone talked about was the ferry incident. At lunch I told Peter and Ned about the house arrest. 

" At least you're not in the middle of the ocean." Ned tried to make me feel better. 

I nodded " It still sucks though, they gave me a full year. I barely survived two months last time." After disappearing at the decathlon Peter apparently had gotten detention every day, for a few weeks. Which made the mood of the day drop by at least 50%.

During French class I secretly texted Peter.

Can you come by the compound tonight?

I'll try, I have to sneak past May though

I'll have pizza

Made by Vision?

Probably

I'll be there

When I got home I saw a package laying in front of my bedroom door. I picked it up and looked at it, no address and no sender, weird. I sat down on my bed and opened it. The first thing in it was a phone, an old flip type one. I looked through the contacts and when I saw the one name written down in it, my heart almost stopped beating, Steve Rogers. I immediately opened the letter that was in the box as well and started reading it.

Dear Odette,

I'm so sorry we made you wait this long to hear from us. We all agreed Tony needed his family after everything that happened. Fury found us, and told me to write to you, apparently you were waiting to hear from us. We're fine, it's a bit boring staying low, but we manage. Natasha and Sam are starting to get along, and Sam's food isn't as bad as we thought it would be. As for Bucky, he's in Wakanda with T'Challa. His sister may be able to help him. I hope you're okay. If you ever need us or a place to stay, you're always welcome. We're missing our little torch. You'll find the address on the back of this letter. And the number in the phone.

Talk to you soon

- Steve

Ps: I wanted to go to Rome for old time sakes, but Nat didn't want to take a plane. -Sam

I looked at the back of the letter. They actually weren't that far away. I hid the letter under my bed and put the phone in my jacket. My day got a little bit better. I ate dinner and kept some pieces of pizza aside for Peter. 

Around 9 pm I was laying on the roof, looking at the stars, when someone came crawling up the wall and sat down beside me. I immediately handed him some pizza and he layed down next to me. 

" Do you look at the stars a lot?" he asked me. 

" Pretty often," I said " I used to do it with Nat and Wanda after missions." 

We talked about school for a bit and about the Avengers. Then he said " I was thinking," 

" Tell me spider-boy." I said. 

" Homecoming is like, not that far away and, you know because we're friends maybe I thought, we could go together?" he asked nervously. 

His nervousness made me smile, but it dropped when I realised something " If I wasn't on house arrest I would have loved to Peter." I said. 

He shook his head " Of course, the house arrest." 

I rested my head on his shoulder " You know," I said " You and Ned, you're the first real friends I've had in a long time." Off course Wanda was my friend, but she was more like family. 

" What can I say, we're pretty awesome." he joked, which made me laugh.

For days he came over every night, and we talked all night long. About everything and nothing. And bit by bit my crush for him started to grow, I had never experienced anything like it. I always wanted to see him, and when we were together I was as happy as I could be. Every day I learned something new about him and he never failed to amaze me. One day he even busted out his Spanish skills. He was full of surprises. Every lunch he would ask me what I fancied as a snack and the same night he would bring it with him. I really started to fall for the guy.