55. Champion

Dressed in our finest attire, Loki and I made our way to the arena. After taking quite some elevators we finally arrived at the Grandmaster's 'box'. We got handed a drink and looked at the arena. It resembled a roman amphitheater. The grandmaster stood in the front of the box and started speaking. A massive hologram of him got projected to the arena.

" Wow! Look at all of you. What a show! What a night! Who's having fun?" he asked and the crowd went wild. " Please," he smiled " I'm your host. Big round of applause for all of our undercard competitors, who today died so gruesomely. Good sports. What a show! What a night! This is what you've come for, and so have I. And now, without further ado, it's main event time." The crowd went even crazier. " Making his first appearance, though he looks quite promising, got a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I'll say no more, see what you think. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... Lord of Thunder." 

Thor walked out, wearing a helmet and carrying a new weapon. Had he cut his hair? " Watch out for his fingers. They make sparks." The Grandmaster joked. " Okay, this is it. Let's get ready to welcome this guy. Here he comes. He is a creature. What can we say about him? Well, he's unique. There's none like him. I feel a special connection with him. He's undefeated. He's the reigning. He's the defending. Ladies and gentlemen... I give you... Your Incredible..." 

He bursted through the stadium wall and bellowed "Hulk!" 

" Yes!" Thor yelled in euphoria. 

The crowd went quiet. I just looked at him, with an open mouth. 

" What the actual fuck!" I whispered. I had to be dreaming, there was no other explanation. But it wasn't a dream, it was really him. 

" I have to get off this planet." I heard Loki say and he was about to get out when the Grandmaster held him back.

" Hey, hey, hey, hey. Where you going?" he asked and sat him down on his sofa. I went to sit down beside him, still looking at Hulk, in shock.

Thor started yelling at our box " Hey! Hey! We know each other. He's a friend from work. Odette, it's Banner!" But I didn't react, if he was Banner, he wasn't gonna go easy on Thor. 

I saw how he started to talk to Hulk, while the audience started chanting " Hulk! Hulk! Hulk!" Hulk looked at the crowd. 

" Banner. Hey, Banner!" Thor yelled trying to get his attention. 

" No Banner. Only Hulk." he yelled angry. 

" What are you doing? It's me. It's Thor!" he said " Banner, we're friends. This is crazy. I don't want to hurt you!" But he didn't listen, he smacked him back against a wall. This was gonna be hard to watch. All I wanted to do was jump down and help Thor, but I couldn't. 

" Here we go. Here we go." the Grandmaster said seeing Hulk approach again. " What?" he suddenly asked confused. 

Thor was holding out his hand to Hulk. He tried to imitate Nat's lullaby. Why would he even try that? He knew Nat was the only one who could do that. I could read his lips " Hey, big guy. Sun's getting real low. I don't wanna hurt you anymore...there-" He got grabbed by his feet and and Hulk repeatedly smashed him into the floor. 

" Yes!! That's how it feels!" Loki cheered. 

The Grandmaster looked confused "I'm just a huge fan of the sport." he smiled.

" Shut up!" I whispered to him, he was gonna give away that we knew him.

Suddenly Thor smashed Banner into the wall. My eyes widened, how had he done that? The audience instantly began to cheer " Thunder! Thunder! Thunder! Thunder!..." Until The Grandmaster pushed a button and Thor got electrocuted.

The fight was over and they both were brought inside again. Loki and I left the arena and headed back to the palace. " You saw that too right?" I asked still confused that Banner was here. 

" I certainly did." Loki said. 

" We've been looking for him for almost 3 years." I told him " And all this time he wasn't even on Earth." I needed to find a way to get him back to Bruce.