12. Roadtrip

Hi there, the next two chapters will be a bit shorter and different. They're kind of filler chapters to spend some time away from the whole Avengers storyline. I hope you enjoy it!

" Last time I saw him he was in some little town in Canada." Sam told me " We're gonna check out the place and hopefully find a new track." We were about half an hour in on the ride when I asked him if we could listen to some music.

We were jamming out to the 70s and 80s music I had brought for most of the trip. I never thought Sam could be so fun to be around. I had only known him as Steve's friend but man this guy was funny. 

Our first break we took to eat, the waitress had asked us if he was my dad. We had told her he was my godfather who was taking me on a roadtrip to see my favorite parts of the country. And for some reason he decided to go for a southern accent to tell her that. I almost spit my soda all over the table from laughing. 

***

" Ryan Gosling?" He asked confused. We had been listing our favorite actors and actresses. 

"Yeah, have you seen Crazy Stupid Love? He's perfect!" I told him. Sam shook his head. " How about you?" I asked him. 

" Halle Berry." He said all dreamy. 

" Is she the one who played catwoman?" I asked. 

" Oh hell yeah." He nodded. 

It was around the afternoon when we started to talk about actual important stuff. " What did you do before you became an Avenger?" I asked him. I really had no clue actually. 

" I was a retired Pararescue." he told me. 

" Retired?" I asked confused. He nodded. " Aren't you a bit young to retire?" I asked him. 

" Yes." he said " But my partner died in action so I left the team." 

" I'm sorry." I said. 

" What about you?" he asked " How did you get started with the suits and the power?" 

" I made my suit when I was eleven" I started " Modeled it after one of dad's. I didn't really use it until the battle in New York happened. I really was too young to be fighting but, they could use all the help they could get. Getting the powers was my own doing really, Loki wanted to turn me bad with his scepter but out of reflex I grabbed it right at the stone. Somehow it gave me powers. I was really mad at Loki for a long time, I really hated these powers. But I've grown to like them actually." 

He was still looking at the road  " That's a badass story." he said.

***

The next days we made it to the town in Canada where Bucky was supposed to be, but obviously he had already left. Some lady that worked at a supermarket told us she saw him leave with the bus that went to the airport a few days before. Great, he had left the country. 

We drove to the airport and used our influence to get a hold of the security footage. You should have seen their faces when we showed them our ID's. 

We had been looking at loads of tapes. I was about to fall asleep when Sam excitingly said " That's him!" 

I sat back up and looked at the video. " Zoom in on the gate." I told Sam. When he did we could see the name of the city he was heading to, Rome.