47. New Year

I sat down on a roof in Queens. One with a lot of plants and pipes, so no one would actually see me if they didn't know I was there. I had told Nat I was gonna be shopping but all I actually was gonna do was see if I could see Peter. Not talk to him, just to make sure he was okay. It was the new year, the first of January. So I just hoped he would be around. 

" Happy New Year!" I suddenly heard someone yell in the distance. He was in a shopping street." Happy New Year to all!" he yelled to people he passed while swinging. That was why I liked him, he always tried to be nice to others. He helped people with little things, he helped grandma's cross the street, gave directions, helped a cat out of a tree. I just looked at him, and wondered what it would be like if the whole accords hadn't happened. Would I have met him? Maybe, he had been Spider-Man about six months before dad had found him. Maybe he would have recruited him either way. Or maybe he wouldn't have and the accords had actually done something good for me.

After a few hours he sat down on a windowsill of a nearby building. He was calling someone while eating a sandwich, maybe it was Happy. Suddenly his head turned to my direction and he squinted his eyes. 

" Oh fuck." I whispered and made my way down the building. Went into the street and disappeared between the people. When I looked up I saw him standing on the roof I had been on. All I wanted was to yell ' Hey! I'm here!' but I couldn't. I didn't want to go to prison, and that's what would happen if anyone found out where I was.

" What did you get?" Nat asked when I walked in. I had completely forgotten the part where I was supposed to be shopping. 

" Nothing actually," I told her " But the screen of my Ipod was broken so I had it fixed." She believed it. 

" Great lie." Sam whispered tossing me my Ipod. 

" I have been looking for this for a week. Where was it?" I asked him quietly. 

" Found it on the roof." he said. 

" What were you doing on the roof?" I asked him. 

" Cleaning the gutter," he said " What were you doing on the roof?" 

" Oh," I said " I go up there to sketch sometime, and to look at the stars. It's what I did with-" 

" Peter?" he asked before I could say his name.

I nodded, and there must have been some sadness in my eyes, 'cause he asked " You miss him, don't you?" 

" Yeah." I sighed " But hey, once the government isn't a little bitch anymore we can go home." 

He smiled" Yeah, better sooner than later. I miss getting to fly around New York, letting the ladies know I was available." 

He made me laugh " How come you don't have a girlfriend?" I asked him. 

" Cause I'm a war criminal." he said like it was obvious. 

" I meant before that." 

He thought " I just, couldn't keep one. Believe me, I wanted, but they didn't agree." 

" You'll find someone." I told him " And you better believe I'm gonna be a bridesmaid at your wedding." 

He laughed " Deal."

AN

I just published like, 4 parts. I'm so proud of myself.

The chapter is a bit short, but I just wanted to show how much she misses Peter. And how close she is to Sam. He's practically like, her uncle. 

Next chapter, a familiar face will pop up. Can you guess who it is? Tip: he works for SHIELD.

Hope you enjoyed it.

'Till next time.

Stay hydrated boys and girls.