8. Mom

We immediatly took the jet back to New York. Although it would take a few hours to get there. While Steve was flying the twins and I just sat around, not really talking the first hour.

" Why did he even invent him?" Wanda asked me. We were sitting opposite of each other.

I sighed " Ever since New York, he tries to see the bigger picture, be prepared."

" I saw that on TV." she told me " It looked scary. "

" It was." I said thinking about all those aliens.

" You were there?" she asked confused. Probably because I was 12 years old at the time.

" Oh yeah, right in the middle of it." I told her. Her brother didn't say anything, he just listened to us talk.

" What does he want to be prepared for?" she asked, now very curious. For a second I was contemplating if I should tell her. We didn't even know when or where, if our visions were even real. But if they were...

" There's probably gonna be another alien attack. We don't know where or when but, we want to be prepared. I helped him design the Iron Legion but, he wanted something bigger, stronger. "

" But why now?" Pietro suddenly asked.

I looked over at him " Fear, for all we know they could be here next week. And I don't know about you but if I know I'm gonna be attacked I want to be prepared. He had the oppertunity so he took it."

" Odette?" Steve interrupted us. 

" Yeah Steve?" I asked. 

" Try to call your dad for me please." I took my phone out of my pocket and walked to the back of the ship. I pressed dial and waited for him to pick up.

* Beep...Beep...Beep... This is the voice-mail of Tony Stark. If you didn't get through you're probably not important enough.*

What an ass. I decided to leave a message. " Dad, if I get back and you're using that body, I swear to god I'll fucking-"

" Hang up!" I heard Steve interrupt me.

" You're lucky Cap doesn't like bad language." I said and ended the call.

Wanda was talking to Steve in the front of the plane. I decided to see what Pietro was doing. He was sitting at the table in the middle of the jet. I sat down opposite him and looked at what he was looking at. A picture of a family. A mom, a dad and two children.

" Are those your parents?" A jolt of guilt and sadness went through me,

" Da." he said.

" What happened to them?" I asked him, wondering if he was gonna tell me.

He was still looking at the picture, they were beautiful people. " We were ten years old, having dinner, the four of us. When the first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor. It's big. Our parents go in, and the whole building starts coming apart. I grab Wanda, roll under the bed and the second shell hits. But, it doesn't go off. It just...sits there in the rubble, three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell is painted one word..."

Oh I knew what was painted on it " Stark."I said. He nodded. That was the reason he hated dad so much.

" We were trapped two days. Every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks, I think, 'This will set it off.' We wait for two days for Tony Stark to kill us."

" I am so sorry." I told him.

He looked up " No, don't be, it isn't your fault." He put away the picture.

I got out my phone and showed him a picture of me and my mom, on our last trip together. We were standing in the middle of a forrest, dressed in winter clothes. Around us the snow had covered everything. I showed it to him. He looked at it.

" When I was eight," I told him " My mom died by one of my dad's weapons as well. She went to visit him on his business trip in Afghanistan. Her transport drove over a landmine that was placed by the enemies."

He put his hand on top of mine in the middle of the table. It was comforting, warm.

" Dad never meant for his weapons to get into the wrong hands... When he knew they were, he stopped his whole production immediatly." I looked at the picture for a few more seconds. I took my hand back and put away my phone.

Great, now we were both sad, so I had to change the subject to something lighter. " Now tell me, why is your hair white?" I asked him.

He smiled " Powers, why is yours purple?"

I laughed " Box-dye. Although it sometimes turns lighter when I use my powers too much."

" How did you get them?" he asked, genuinly curious.

" Oh, in New York," I told him " Loki tried to use the scepter on me. As a reflex I grabbed it and it shocked me, giving me these powers. I still don't really know what happened. But it didn't hurt or anything so."

" Same scepter as us?" he asked.

" Yes." I said.

" Look at us, we have a connection." he smiled. " By the way, you still have to apolegize for hurting me." he then said fake hurt.

" Hurting you?" I asked confused.

" My feelings" he added. What?

" And, how did I hurt your feelings exactely?" I asked. When had I ever done that?

"On the boat, I said you were pretty, you just rolled with your eyes. I expected a compliment back." he said now with a smile on his face.

" Well,... " I thought for a second " I really like your accent." I told him.

But he wasn't satisfied with only that. " Anything else?" he asked.

I looked at him, inspecting his face.

" Your hair is pretty cool... maybe also your eyes. I don't know, you're a very handsome guy all together." I said making him smirk.

" Are you flirting with me?" he asked.

" What? No. I just mean that you're pretty, that's all." I tried to defend myself.

" That's called flirting." he said.

" If that's flirting you were totally flirting with me on that ship" I accused him.

" Yes, that's why I called you pretty." he said like it was obvious.

" Oh, okay." I said, taken aback by his directness.

" You still have to apolegize"

Ugh fine. I took his hand sarcastically " I am sorry I didn't compliment you in the middle of a fight."

Suddenly I felt an electric shock go from my hand through my arm. I pulled it away from Pietro. " Auwch, did you feel that?" I asked him. 

He looked at his hand " Electricity"

Okay that was weird, I know those things happen, but not as hard as this shock was. It was literally like someone had used a taser on me.

For the rest of the trip we were just sitting there looking at each other.

I took in every detail of his face. His eyes kept fascinating me.

" This is really weird" he smiled while we were still looking at each other.

" Pretty weird." I smiled as well.

" Hey kids," I heard Steve say, walking up to us.

" Hmm? What?" I asked still staring at Pietro.

" What are you guys doing?" he asked confused.

I realised it probably looked pretty weird, two kids just looking at each other. " Oh shit! What were you saying Steve?"

He rolled his eyes " We're here."

" Oh." I whispered, getting up and walking out of the jet.

Home sweet home. Hopefully.