88. Catch!

I woke up from dad saying " Wake up Pumpkin." I opened my eyes and saw his face, he was looking at me. " Thank god." He sighed. I looked around, everything was in ruins. It was dark, dust and rubble was flying around and there were fires. The whole compound was gone. And when I looked up to the sky I saw a massive ship hovering over the place where the compound garden used to be. 

We needed to find the rest. So I got up and followed dad. " There." I said pointing at an unconscious Steve. 

 " Come on, buddy. Wake up. That's my man. You lose this again, I'm keeping it." Dad said handing him his shield. 

" What happened?" Steve asked confused. 

" We messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see." Dad explained. We saw Thor, looking at a figure sitting in the distance. Thanos from the past. 

" What's he been doing?" I asked Thor when we stood beside him. 

" Absolutely nothing." He told us. Nothing? Wouldn't he be going for the stones? 

" Where are the stones?" Steve asked. 

" Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have them." Dad said. 

" So we keep it that way." Steve stated. 

" You know it's a trap, right?" Thor asked us. 

" Yeah... I don't much care." Dad told him. 

" Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." Thor said. Thunder and lighting started to appear and it hit him. All of the sudden he was in his old outfit, holding Stormbreaker and Mjolnir. And to finish it off he had a braid in his long beard. "Let's kill him properly this time." He said. 

" He has no idea what's coming to him." I added, rubbing my hands. 

" You're staying here." Dad suddenly said, 

" I don't think so." I answered, now that he didn't have the stones I was gonna fight him. 

" You stay here, he's not getting the chance to hurt you." Dad then said looking me in the eyes. 

" But-" I tried.

But he cut me off. " We're not discussing this." I looked at him, I really wanted to fight, but I knew I should listen to him. So I did and stayed behind.

They walked up to him. I couldn't hear what he was saying. He stood up, put on his helmet and grabbed his weapon. It was some sort of double edges giant blade. Thor's energy started to appear while he was holding both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. They stood there for another few second, and then they attacked. All three of them. Thor charged dad's blasters and dad hit Thanos with his. The problem was, his blade could withstand it. So Thor used Stormbreaker to hit Mjolnir toward him. But before it could hit him, Thanos grabbed dad and held him up to get hit by Mjolnir. He flew back, his suit getting ruined by the impact. When Steve tried to go one on one with Thanos he knocked him down immediately to then fight Thor. But he didn't make a chance either, he just grabbed him and threw him into a piece of rubble that was still standing. He punched him over and over. I wanted to go help but dad had told me not to.

When Thor tried to summon Stormbreaker Thanos just grabbed it out of the air and tried to put it to Thor's chest. He was so close to killing him when I suddenly saw Mjolnir lift up, but it wasn't Thor who was calling it. When it passed Thanos and Thor for a brief moment it turned back, into the hands of Steve. Thanos kicked Thor knock out and turned to Steve. He was holding the hammer, he was worthy. Steve Rogers, Captain America was worthy. He started to swing it, ran up to a charging Thanos and hit him in the chin, making him fall backwards. First throwing his shield, then hitting it with a flying Mjolnir it created a shock like the first time they had met in New York. Steve had the upper hand, hitting him with his shield and then with lightning. But then, Steve missed and Thanos had the chance to throw him back and catch his breath. Breaking off his own helmet and hitting Steve with his big blade. He separated Steve from Mjolnir and started to attack again. His blade was against the shield. He started hitting it, and blow after blow pieces of the vibranium shield my grandfather had made started to fall to the ground. What even was his weapon made off that it could break Vibranium? Steve was down to the ground and it looked like Thanos was talking again.

They were all down. And with no sign of the rest of the team I decided to ignore my dad's orders. My suit was ruined, so there was no other option than using my powers. I was gonna fight him. The one person I had ever been afraid of, the person who had won when we had fought on Titan. But I had to do it, for my dad and Steve and Thor. I ran towards the battle field and passed a passed out dad and Thor. Steve was the only one left conscious. While running I started to charge all the energy I had. I felt my hands and feet glow and I felt the power flowing through my veins. The soles of my shoes were already burned away from all the power. 

" It's over Captain." I heard Thanos say " Your friends are done." I was now standing behind him and he didn't have a clue. My hair was probably white and I was filled with energy. 

 " Well, we got one last surprise for you." Steve told him and looked passed him to me. 

Thanos turned around to me. " Another Stark." He smiled " How fun. Did you like me messing around with your dreams?" He asked me. 

" Honestly, they were terrifying. But, there's this one thing." I told him. 

" And what's that?" He asked, readying his weapon. 

" You should never mess with a Stark." I told him and shot all my power at him. He got knocked back into some concrete rubble while I kept hitting him with shorter blasts. When I took a second to catch my breath he stood up. How was he still standing? He charged at me but Steve jumped in front of me with an half broken shield and hit him away with an uppercut. 

" Remember what Natasha taught you?" He asked. Of course I did. He hit him again and I jumped onto his back to crawl up to his neck. He tried to swing me off but I used my thighs to stabilize around his neck and grabbed his head with my hands just as Mantis had done. I released two blasts of energy, one on each side of his head, and he fell down to the ground, moaning from pain.

But right when I wanted to jump off he grabbed me by the throat and threw me away. I landed on the ground, wounds all over my arms and legs. Pants torn at the knees and some blood from the impact. He was walking towards me, he was ready to kill me, I could see it in his eyes. 

" Odette! Catch!" I suddenly heard. I looked to my right and saw Mjolnir coming my way. He wanted me to catch Mjolnir? It passed Thanos and to my surprise it didn't pull me further, it stayed in my hand. It wasn't that heavy anymore. Thanos looked confused and in that split second that he let his guard down I swung Mjolnir and hit him across the face. He stumbled back a bit. But now that I had a new weapon I could make lightning. I summoned the lightning while charging my other hand. My power and the power of Thor combined hit the titan and threw him back. But while passing Steve he grabbed him with him onto the ground. They were both down, not moving. So I ran up to them. Thanos got up, but Steve didn't. 

" You," He said, walking up to me again " You have no idea who you're messing with." I wanted to blast him away again, but I was too tired to us my powers. He walked up to me, I tried to hit him like Nat had taught me, using my hands. But he grabbed me by my shirt and threw me beside Steve.

" In all my years of conquest." Thanos began his evil plan speech, and I was sure we were doomed. " Violence...slaughter... It was never personal. But I'll tell you now... what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much." A giant beam of light appeared and with it, the Black Order. But behind them was our worst nightmare. An army, an amount of aliens even my nightmares looked small to. 

" C'mon, get up." Steve whispered to me. And even when I thought we were done he gave me the power to get up. So we stood up, Steve strengthened his shield strap and I cracked my knuckles. We were battered, almost defeated but we didn't give up. Not now, not when everyone was back. I looked up at the sky, Levithans, hundreds of them. The aliens we killed one of in New York 11 years ago. The whole horizon was filled with aliens. But we walked towards it, we were gonna try and stop them. Even if it would be the last thing we ever did.

*Cap, you hear me? *