32. Harry Potter and pancakes

The next week I started to get into the groove of school. I went to class and spend the time between those classes with my new friends. Ned, Peter and I became great friends, we even planned to finish building the death star on the weekend at Peter's place.

While school was going great at home I started working on a new suit. I had designed it before and when I could finally enter the lab I started working. Every night for a few hours before I went to sleep, and it came along great. I had some new weapons and a stronger armour.

On wednesday I joined the decathlon team. Michelle had really been pushing me to join, and after hearing we would go to DC for a competition I was convinced, I hadn't been out of New York since Germany. 

On thursday I asked Ned and Peter about how far they already were on the Death-Star. They both looked at each other, which looked suspicious. " Euhm, we kinda have to start over." Peter said. 

" Yeah," Ned came in " I dropped it." 

He dropped it? 

" You dropped it?" I asked him. 

" Yeah, Peter made me jump." I looked at Peter. Ned knew, he knew about Spider-Man I could just see it in their eyes. 

" More fun for me." I joked. They both laughed, happy I didn't ask any further. " So, tomorrow after school?" I asked them. 

" Yeah, you can both stay over if you want." Peter told us " Maybe we could watch a movie or something." We both agreed. So the next day after school we took the train to Peter's home.

When he opened the door he said " Aunt May? I brought some company!" Aunt May? A woman who looked like she was in her 40s came out of the kitchen to greet us. 

" Oh hi Ned." she said as he smiled at her " And who's this lovely lady?" she asked Peter, mentioning me. 

" Oh this is Odette." he said. I went to give her a hand " Nice to meet you." 

She gave me a big smile " Why haven't I seen you before?" she asked while we put down our backpacks. 

" Oh, I just started school. I've been homeschooled for some time." I told her. 

She looked at Peter and Ned then back at me. " What are you all doing tonight?" she asked. 

" We're building the Death Star." Ned told her excited. 

" And after that we're watching a movie." Peter followed. 

" So pizza is okay?" she asked. 

I smiled " Pizza is more than okay miss!" 

" Oh please call me May" she laughed. 'I like her.' she mouthed to Peter. Did she know he was Spider-Man? She went back to the kitchen and we went to Peter's room. He had a big bunkbed and a load of electronics lying around. 

" Nice room." I told him looking around it. 

"Thanks." he said while Ned got out the Lego.

We had been building for some time when Ned asked me a question that wasn't about anything Star Wars related. 

" So, why were you homeschooled?" he asked. Oh god, now I had to come up with a fake story. 

" Oh euhm," I started, oh god I hated this " My dad moved around a lot and he didn't really want me changing schools all the time." 

" Cool." was his answer. 

" What about you guys, friends since birth?" I joked. 

Ned looked to Peter " No."