83. Brainstorming sessions

There were screens showing all six of the stones, with some information about them. We all sat down and started our brainstorming session. " Okay, so the 'how' works. Now we gotta figure out the 'when,' and the 'where.'' Steve started " Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." I personally had seen three, and one of them even gave me my powers.

 " Well, I'd substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones.'" Dad added. 

" I haven't. I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott told us. Oh wauw, he was lucky. 

 " Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Hulk said. 

" Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." Dad explained. 

" Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint said. 

" Correct." I told him. 

" So. Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked, waiting for Thor to answer. When he didn't we all looked at the corner of the room. He was asleep, with a drink in his hand and sunglasses covering his eyes. 

" Is he asleep?" Nat asked. 

" That or he's dead." Rocket joked. I got out of my chair and clapped my hands a few times in front of his face. 

" Time to wake up buddy." I told him and he woke up.

" Where to start? Umm..." He took off his shades and looked at the image of the Aether behind him. " The Aether, first, is not a stone. Someone's called it a stone before. Ahem... It's more of a... an angry sludge, sort of thing. So... Someone's gonna need to amend that, and stop saying that." It was like he was giving a bad presentation at school. " Here's an interesting story, though. About the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago, had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooeeh Scary beings." He tried to entertain us. I saw Rocket facepalm while the rest of us questioned if we should let Thor continue his story. " So Jane" A picture of her appeared " Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine. She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her. And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her." I looked at Scott who was sitting beside me, he was enjoying the story. " We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead, and umm.... Oh, you know. Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so... These things happen though, you know. Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that-" 

" Why don't you come sit down." Dad tried to stop him. 

" I'm not done yet. The only thing that is permanent in life, is impermanence." He added. 

" Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?" Dad asked him. 

" No. I'd like a Bloody Mary." Thor told him.

While we were eating Chinese Rocket told us about the space stone. " Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." 

" Is that a person?" Hulk asked. 

" Morag's a planet. Quill was a person." Rocket explained. 

" Like a planet? Like in outer space?" Scott asked excited. 

Which made Rocket mock him " Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything." He even petted his head " Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space." 

" What happened after he stole it?" I asked him. 

" He tried to sell it, didn't work out." He said " It kinda brought us all together to stop an evil guy from trying to use it to destroy the galaxy. After that we gave it to the Nova Corp to keep it safe." 

" Let's call it team two." Dad said. Team one being Asgard.

We were sitting on a couch when Nebula told us about the soul stone. " Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir." She said. 

" What is Vormir?" Nat asked, writing everything down. 

" A dominion of death, at the very center of Celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister." I looked up, I didn't like to see her so sad. 

" Noted." Scott said. 

" Might as well add it to team two." I said " It's both in space." 

Dad, Nat, Hulk and I were still brainstorming while the rest of the team started to make the suits. " The mind and space stone are both in New York in 2012." Dad stated. 

" Question is, how are we gonna get them?" I asked " AIM took the scepter and Thor the Tesseract. It's practically impossible to get by unnoticed." 

" We'll have to disguise ourselves." Dad said. 

" That Time Stone guy..." Nat started. 

" Doctor Strange." I told her. 

 " Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?" She asked. I had no idea. 

" Neurostuff meets rabbit from a hat." Dad joked. 

" Nice place in the village, though." Hulk said. 

" Yeah. Sullivan Street." Dad said. 

" Hmm... Bleecker." I corrected him. 

" Wait, he lived in New York?" Nat asked. 

" No. He lived in Toronto." Dad said. 

" I'm pretty sure it was New York dad." I told him. 

 " Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York." Nat realised. 

" Shut the front door!" Hulk said surprised.

Dad assigned me to come up with the teams to make everything go smooth. " Okay, we have three teams. Team one, Rocket and Thor, you go to Asgard in 2013. Get the Aether from Jane." I told them two. " Team two are Nat, Clint, Nebula and Rodey. You guys go back to 2014. Two of you stay on Morag while the other two take the Benotaur to Vormir." They all nodded. 

" Clint and I will go to Vormir." Nat said " Nebula knows more about Morag." 

" Great." I said " Now team three, dad, Bruce, Steve, Scott and I. We go back to New York in 2012. Steve gets the scepter, Bruce the time stone and the three of us the Tesseract." I explained. " Remember," I told them " We're gonna arrive in the middle of the Chitauri invasion, and we can't be seen by our past selves. it's gonna be tricky." 

" And in case we do get seen, you'll have to color your hair back to what you had back then." Dad told me. That meant I had to go back to brown. 

" Let's all get some sleep." Steve said and everyone went back to their rooms.

It was midnight and I couldn't sleep. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen for a cup of tea. Dad was sitting there, eating some of the left over noodles. " Can't sleep either?" He asked me. 

" Nope." I said and made a tea. I sat down next to him and layed my head on his shoulder. 

" Are you scared?" He asked me. 

" I don't know." I told him " I know it's gonna work but, what if it doesn't?" 

He took me into a hug " Don't worry. It won't fail. We're the Avengers O, it's what we do best." He told me " Now go sleep, it's gonna be a long day tomorrow." I did what he said and went back to bed. Tomorrow we were gonna change the future by going back to the past.