107. Prague

When the bus drive into Prague it looked like there was a party going on in the streets. People were walking around with lights in some sort of parade.

The bus stopped in a calmer street and dropped us off at a big building. When we got off the bus and walked inside it was clear to see that Fury had spared no expense. The lobby was beautiful. There was even a pianist playing a grand piano.

" Wow, this place is so classy." Betty spoke all our thoughts.

" Yeah, so why are we here?" Brad asked a bit confused.

" Speak for yourself." Flash told him " I'm home."

" What can I say. The squeaky wheel gets the upgrade greasy." Harrington said " Everyone get settled in, rest up, because tonight, big surprise, is Prague's annual Carnival of lights." He pointed to a poster.

My phone buzzed so I stepped aside from the group and picked up.

" Hello?" I asked.

" O, it's Fury. The suit comes with an earpiece put it on."

" Okay." I told him " Anything else?"

" Just be ready. And make sure Parker shows up." He told me. After that he just hung up.

" Nice talking to you too Fury." I sighed. He was never the most talkative. But he could've at least said bye.

" The good news is, we've all got our own room." Harrington then said and handed all of us a key.

When we were walking to our rooms Ned came to walk beside me. " What can I do?" He asked me.

I looked if no one was listening in and said " Try to keep everyone away from the center of the city as much as possible. I don't know what time it's gonna happen, but I don't want any of you guys in the middle of it."

He nodded and said " Good luck."

" Thanks." I told him.

After putting everything away I snuck out of my room and to one of the rooms inside the hotel, where they had set up base.

I sat down on one of the chairs and waited for Fury to start talking.

" The plan is simple." He said " Parker and Odette keep watch in the city center. When you see anything that looks like a fire monster, you report to us. Beck will reinforce you guys and you take that monster out."

" Got it." I told him.

" That thing is going to be here in a few hours." Fury stated. " Parker, Parker?" He tried to get Peter's attention. He had been staring into the fireplace for a few seconds.

" Yes?" He asked, now concentrating again.

" That thing is going to be here in a few hours." He repeated himself " Are be boring you?"

" He's not bored, he's just thinking about how you kidnapped him." I explained to Fury.

" He had obstacles, I removed them." Fury stated.

" They still won't evacuate the city." Hill told us, looking away from the computers.

" Idiots." Fury sighed. " So what's the plan Parker?" Fury asked him.

" I will be in the cathedral tower, keeping watch for the fire monster. When that shows up I will radio you guys, and then Odette, Mr Beck and I will-"

" My name is Mysterio." Beck said.

" That's when Mysterio, Odette and I will move in." He finished.

" The best hape you have, the only hope, is to stop it here now, no matter what the cost." Mysterio told us.

Yeah, I knew a thing or two about no matter what the cost. This wouldn't be the first.

" Maneuver it away from civilians if you can, but most important keep it away from metal." He told us " If it gets too big, it will be able to draw power from the Earth's core. After that there is no way to stop it."

We looked at each other. This thing was extremely dangerous. And seeing Peter's face, made me worry. What if something happened to him. It would be my fault, I had drawn him into this without his will.

" Hey, my friends are here. I can't help but think we're putting them in danger." He suddenly said.

" You're worried about us hurting your friends?" Fury got up, clearly annoyed " You, who called a drone strike on your own school tour bus?" Now that was a bit hard of him. He knew that was an accident. " Stark gave you a multibillion-dollar A.R. tactical intelligence system, and the first thing you do with it is try and blow up your friends. It's clear to me that you were not ready for this."

" That was an accident." I defended Peter. He looked broken down, knowing he had disappointed Fury.

" Accident or not, your father didn't leave it in the hands of a teenager for him to use it as a toy." Fury told me, still mad.

" And he also didn't leave it for you to go and play boss over us." I told him, annoyed at the tone he put on. " He didn't leave it for you Fury. He left it for one of the only people he trusted in the whole damn universe. Think about that for a second. You need us, not the other way around. So you better start appreciating the fact that we put our lives on the line for this while you sit here behind a screen. "

Fury and Hill looked at me, dumbfounded by what I had said.

Mysterio looked a bit proud. Which I didn't mind.

" Let's go." I told Peter and we started to walk away.