75. Home

I dreamed about one thing that night. We were in the compound, all of us. We were sitting around, talking to each other like nothing had happened, and we were happy. The sun was shining through the windows. Steve and dad were talking to each other. Wanda and Vision were together the whole time, just like Nat and Bruce. It was the ultimate fantasy. It was like my birthday wish had finally come true. T

That night Peter and I were lying on the roof, watching the stars while eating pizza, holding hands. Suddenly one of the stars we were watching started to get closer. And the light started getting brighter and brighter. But Peter didn't seem to notice. The light was so bright I woke up.

I flickered my eyes open and tried to look at the source of the light. Dad and Nebula were awake as well. After a few seconds of adjusting I could finally see where the light was coming from. I got out of my seat and walked up to the window. It was a woman, glowing with power. She gave me a smile and waved at me, making me hold up my hand to wave back.

*+*+*

Earth started to get into view. I was amazed by this woman's powers. She had flown us from wherever we were, back home. I could see America get closer, and then New York. And finally I saw the one place I had been dreaming about, home. When I looked out the window I could see a few people looking up at us, but I couldn't see who they were. When we landed and the hatch opened I stayed behind to put everything back in my backpack. 

" Yeah, she's in there." I could hear dad say. I walked outside and saw dad hugging Pepper. Nebula was holding hands with a raccoon, who I had never seen before. Steve walked up to me to help me down the hatch. 

" You okay?" He asked. 

" Just really hungry." I said " And in need of a hug." He took me in his arms and held me close. " Is this everyone?" I asked when I walked over to Nat. 

 " Thor's inside, but that's it." She said while hugging me. No Sam, no Wanda, no Vision.

First thing we needed to do was eat something. So I went to the kitchen and got whatever was left in the fridge, some pasta. " So what's your name?" I asked the raccoon who was sitting across from me. 

" Rocket." He said looking at me eat " How about you?" 

" Odette." I told him. " How do you know Nebula?" I then asked him. 

" She tried to kill me and my friends a few times, but I guess we became friends after a while." He told me. After having food I decided it was time to go to bed. I had missed it after sleeping in chairs for 21 days.

" We almost had it. Peter and I had the gauntlet in our hands." I told Steve. I had put on some pyjamas and we walked to my room. 

" Then what happened?" He asked me. 

" Quill, snapped." I said while sitting down on my bed. 

He saw how tired I was and said " We'll talk about it tomorrow. You need to sleep." I nodded and gave him a quick hug before getting into bed. 

He was waiting by my door to turn of my light. " Goodnight." He said. 

" Goodnight." I answered. He turned off my light and I lay down. 

After more than a year I was finally home, sleeping in my own bed. I fell asleep again. And this time, I didn't dream.