84. New York City 2012

I'm not gonna lie, we looked cool in those suits. And they were surprisingly comfortable. When we were all dressed we made our way to our time machine. I still couldn't believe we had a real, working time machine. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Excited about the fact I was actually gonna time travel. And nervous because our mission could not fail.

We were all standing in a big circle on top of the machine, with Steve giving us a pep talk, if you could call it that. " Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck." 

I looked at dad who gave me a small smile. " You got your watch?" He then asked me. I showed it to him. " All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jelly green." He then shouted to Hulk who pressed a few buttons for the machine to work. 

" See you in a minute." I heard Nat say to Steve. 

" Good luck." I told her. 

" You too." She nodded and we put on our helmets. I could feel that my palms were getting sweaty, we were actually gonna do this. I did the count down in my hand '3...2...1' I pressed the button on my hand and I shrunk down into the machine.

It was beautiful, it was like I was travelling through colors. I saw other black dots move in other directions while my team all went the same way. And before I knew it we appeared in the middle of an abandoned street. 

New York, 2012. I could hear the screams of people and the chitauri. A leviathan moved across the sky and the city was in chaos. 

" All right, we all have our assignments." Steve spoke " Two stones uptown, one stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." We all nodded. I was gonna use an old badge to get into the tower to steal some SHIELD uniforms. 

Out of nowhere Hulk appeared in the street in front of us, smashing chitauri while bellowing. I looked at our Hulk, he looked embarrassed. " Feel free to smash if things don't go your way." Steve told him. 

" I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Hulk said. He took of his tank top and walked out into the street. He tried to be intimidating, but he didn't know how anymore. It's like he had forgotten, how to be the Hulk.

While the fight was still going on I sneaked into the tower with my old badge. I was wearing normal clothes, a cap and sunglasses to hide my face. I know it's not really a disguise, but I had nothing else. Lucky for me there was no one on the ground floor of the tower. But I knew exactly what was happening up there. I was getting my powers around that time. But I needed to focus on the mission, so I activated my earpiece and asked " Where did you say you had those uniforms?" I asked dad. 

" First hallway on your right, third door, I copied them before I joined everyone on the helicarrier." I found the room and took two uniforms with me. I got out unnoticed and went back to the alley we had arrived in.

When we noticed the fight had come to an end it was time for us to move. Dad and Scott made their way to the tower while I found a hiding place close to the tower. But I listened in to everything they were saying. 

* Got to hustle, Cap. Things look like they're just about wrapped up here.* I heard dad say. 

* Got it. I'm approaching the elevator now.* Steve answered. 

* Ugh, Mr. Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass.* Dad suddenly said, which made me laugh a bit. 

* No one asked you to look.* Steve told him.