40. Ferry

The next morning I got a call from Peter, telling me they would be selling weapons on the Staten Island Ferry of 11. So I ditched school and took that ferry. I'm gonna spare you the details of what happened. All you should know is, that we fucked up. The FBI was already there, the ferry split in half and dad showed up saving the day. Peter and I were waiting for information, pacing around, hoping everyone was okay.

After some time dad's suit landed in front of us. He wasn't happy " Previously on Peter Screws the Pooch. I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do." Then he turned to me " And you, you know damn well you shouldn't be here." 

We just looked at him " Is everyone okay?" Peter asked. 

" No thanks to you." dad answered. 

" No thanks to me? Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it but you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me. If you even cared, you'd actually be here." Peter went off. 

Dad stepped out of the suit and Peter shut up. He hadn't expected him to actually be there. And I hadn't either. I decided to stay quiet. " I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh? Do you know I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid." 

" - I'm 15." 

" - No, this is where you zip it, all right? The adult is talking. What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? Because that's on you. And if you died ...I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscience." Dad really cared about him. Otherwise he wouldn't go off like that. 

" Yes, sir. I'm sorry, I understand." Peter told him. 

" Sorry doesn't cut it." 

" I just wanted to be like you." he admitted. 

" And I wanted you to be better. It's not working out. I'm gonna need the suit back." dad told him. He wasn't actually doing that right? 

" For how long?" Peter asked him. 

" Forever." I felt sorry for Peter, I could see how much he needed the suit. 

" No, no. Please." he pleaded. 

" Let's have it." dad said. 

" Please, this is all I have. I'm nothing without this suit." Peter pleaded again. 

Then dad said " If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it. Okay? God, I sound like my dad." I could see the devastation on Peter's face. 

" I don't have any other clothes." he added,hoping it would help. But he just got clothes from the lost and found.

When Peter had left dad made me fly home. He didn't come home for some time, so I just waited for him. In the meantime I texted Peter.

OohSnap:

Peter?

SpiderBoy:

Yes?

Are you okay?

No... I can't believe he did that. 

How are you?

Waiting for him to come back. And freaking out.

Why?

I couldn't do anything illegal, If they know I was there 

they're gonna throw me in prison.

What? They can't just take you away.

They can.... my dad's here I'll text you later

good luck

Dad walked into the living room. " You're under house arrest again." 

" What?" I asked confused. 

" Be happy I got you out of that prison sentence." he said. 

" What about school?" I asked. 

" Straight there and straight home. No sleepovers." he told me. 

After some silence I said " We just wanted to show you we could take them down. That we are valuable parts of the team." 

 He sighed " Gosh, you're just like Cap." 

" I tried to be like you." I said " You always told me to believe in myself and others. I took a chance in being friends with Peter, to make you happy dad. I wanted to make you proud, cause I can't remember what that feels like." Tears started coming down my cheeks again, gosh I hated crying, but I had done a fair bit of that the last days. 

He hugged me and said " I'm always proud of you pumpkin. Even if I don't show it, I always am." 

The tears stopped, I had to tell him about the vision " I had a vision again." I said still in the hug. 

" What did you see?" he asked now more serious, breaking off the hug and looking me in the eyes. 

" Loki. And that gloomy dark voice." He sat down on the sofa and I did the same. " I'm scared dad." I told him. 

" I know pumpkin... But as long as Odin is on the throne of Asgard we're fine." I nodded. I just hoped he was still on it. 

AU

Three uploads in a day. I LOVE writing this story!

Inglish isn't my first OR second language. So I'm always open for constructive criticism.

Next chapter O will be getting the letter she's been waiting for...