45. Birthday

It had been a few months. We had been home, on walks, in town, and sometimes maybe on secret missions. But we held up pretty good. Steve was growing his beard, which I had to get used to in the beginning, but after some time it would be weird to see him without it. Sam had one too, just a neater one. But the most fun transformation, because I gave it to her, was Nat's. I had bleached and colored her hair blonde. 

The day after that, Nat gave me a bob. At first I was against it, I had never cut my hair that short. But after Nat had convinced me it would look good on me I let her cut it. And I loved it. It was still a little bit longer than Nat's, but still short.

On the 31 of October it was finally my birthday. Sam and Steve had been baking a cake while Nat and I went to get our nails done in town. Disguised of course. And even if someone recognized us, they were kind enough to not go yell around that we were staying in their town's forrest. 

When we came back home the cake was done. After dinner we sat around the table and Steve brought out the cake with 17 candles on it. It didn't exactly look like one from the baker's, but I didn't care, it was the thought that counted. It was a drawing of Ryan Gosling with some writing. I read what was written on it ' Happy birthday Ryan Gosling!'

" I drew that!" Sam said excited. I loved how we had just been calling each other Ryan and Halle for a few weeks. 

" Make a wish O." Nat told me. 

" Oh, I don't do wishes. They never come true." I told her. 

" Maybe this one will." she smiled.

When I was four, I wished for a unicorn. They don't exist.

When I was 7, I wished for a puppy. But Pepper was allergic.

When I was 9, I wished for dad to never be in danger again. But Loki had to come and attack earth.

When I was 14, I wished for a year without trouble. Then Ultron came along.

When I was 15, I wished for love. But now I've lost them both.

And when I was 16, I wished for the Avengers to never break up. And now we were war criminals.

But maybe Nat was right. Maybe this year would be different. So I closed my eyes and decided to wish, for everyone I loved to be safe. Just that, nothing more and nothing less.

AN

Hi there everyone

This kind of a short chapter, and there's a time jump of a few months. I just don't think that 10 chapters about the hide out would be that interesting. 

I hoped you enjoyed it though. And I hope you like the story. 

That's all for now. 

Till next time.

And don't forget, stay hydrated boys and girls.