19. 'Office'

We arrived in a light gray walled bunker. Bucky's pod was carried away by a forklift. The four of us approached Sharon who was standing beside a gray-haired man. I had no idea who he was.  

" What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked after seeing Bucky being taken somewhere. 

" Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The gray man said. 

" How fun." I scoffed sarcastically, earning an angry look from the man. 

" This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon told us. Great, another high ranked guy in a suit named Ross.

 " What about our lawyer?" Steve asked him. After what we had done, we might need one.              

" Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." Ross told us. 

" I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam said. 

We followed Ross inside. " You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" he told us.

" I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa assured him. He wasn't gonna leave until he had Bucky in his hands, or should I say claws. 

" For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Nat told us. 

" He's alive." Steve told her, and that was the most important thing at that moment. 

We walked in a room with glass surrounded offices. Dad walked out of one of them. Of course he was there. He was on the phone with someone. " No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." 

" Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat told us and walked away. 

Dad was still on the phone " Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." This was definitely gonna make the news, or at least stupid Christine Everhart's WHiH News Front. 

" 'Consequences'?" Steve asked. 

" Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something." 

" I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve put two and two together. 

" Technically, it's the government's property. Wings and suit too." Nat told us while walking in again. 

" That's cold." Sam stated. 

" Warmer than jail." dad joked. 

I was so not in the mood to talk to him. " If you'll excuse me, I'm going to my 'office'." I told all of them and made my way to an empty office. Wondering if Wanda had signed the accords or not.

Dad walked into the office I was sitting in. " You are in big trouble lady." he said. 

I put away my Ipod and looked at him " I did what I believe was right. That's what you always told me to do." I said. 

He sighed, knowing he had told me that. " Not if it means helping a criminal." 

" He didn't do it dad. He was in Bucharest." I told him.

He raised an eyebrow " He's the Winter Soldier O, he can do anything." 

I shook my head, he wasn't gonna listen. " Care to explain why you slowed down my suit?" I asked him. He was the only one who could have done that. 

" Because you were making stupid decisions." So he had done it. He had no right doing that.

" And since when can you alter my suits?" I asked him annoyed. 

" Since last year." he told me like it was nothing. 

I stood up ready to walk out. " You don't like me touching your suits so don't touch mine!" I told him. While I walked out T'Challa walked in, I almost ran into him. But I didn't apologize, I didn't care if he was a prince or not. 

" You and my sister would make great friends." he said " She's very protective of her technology as well." I just ignored him and went to the office where Sam and Steve were sitting.

I walked in right when Sharon put on the audio of Bucky's evaluation. I sat down next to Sam and watched it. 

" I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James?" The psychiatrist asked, but didn't get an answer " I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James." 

Bucky lifted his head " My name is Bucky." At least he knew that. It seemed like a normal interrogation, so I moved over to Steve to look at the picture from the congress in Vienna. The man on the picture sure looked like Bucky, but he couldn't have been in Vienna.          

" Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asked Sharon. 

" Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can." she answered. 

" Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier." Steve thought out loud. 

" You're saying someone framed him to find him." Sharon said. But who would do that? 

" Steve, we looked for the guy, lost the trail after Rome and found nothing after that." Sam remembered him. 

" We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." I told him. 

" Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Sharon's gaze fell on the evaluator in the screen, her eyes narrowed. I looked at the man's face as well, he looked quite a lot like Bucky. 

" Yeah." Steve said looking around. 

I focused on the screen again. " Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?" The psychiatrist asked Bucky. 

" I don't want to talk about it." he answered. 

But the man wasn't backing down " You fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry. We only have to talk about one." What was he talking about? And right when my brain made the connection the lights in the bunker went out.

"  The man in the picture was the psychiatrist!"