33. F, marry, kill

Gym was always a boring class. I could do most of the exercises without breaking a sweat. But one day Coach Wilson had brought in one of those old TV's on wheels to show us a video. 

Steve appeared on screen dressed in his iconic Captain America suit. He started his speech * Hi, I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield, fitness can be the difference between success or failure. Today, my good friend, your gym teacher* Coach Wilson held up his hand * will conduct the Captain America Fitness Challenge.* I had laughed so hard when he had told me he was gonna do those videos. And I had to bite my tongue not to laugh at them in the gym. 

When the video was done the gym teacher said pretty bored " Thank you, Captain. Pretty sure he's a war criminal, but I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it." A war criminal? Is that how they thought of us? To know he called him that made me feel a little uneasy, because if Steve was one then I was one as well.

Michelle and I partnered up, I did the exercises while she kept reading her book. She had a book in her hands most of the time. We were to the side of Ned and Peter and when I listened closely I could hear parts of their conversation. I really had no idea how he hadn't been caught yet, they talked about it all the time. Ned kept asking these weird questions. 

" Do Avengers have to pay taxes?" Yes. 

" What does Hulk smell like? - I bet he smells nice-" 

I thought about Bruce, he did smell nice most of the time. If he hadn't just been the Hulk, cause then he reeked of sweat. 

" Looking good Walles." the teacher said while I was doing sit-ups, he said the same to Peter.

I listened in on the conversation Liz and her friends were having. One of the girls thought hard and said " Now, see, for me, it would be F Thor... marry Iron Man and kill Hulk." Ew gross, she would marry my dad? What even was that game? 

" Well, what about Spider-Man?" Liz asked her. 

" It's just Spider-Man." she told her. 

Liz shook her head " Did you see the bank security cam on YouTube? He fought off four guys." 

I looked over at Peter, impressive.

" Oh my god, she's crushing on Spider-Man." the girl laughed. 

" No way. -Kind of." she admitted. 

I just stopped listening after that, until Ned suddenly yelled " Peter knows Spider-Man!" He had not just done that. 

" No I don't." Peter tried to backtrack. 

" No, I- I mean. They're friends." Ned tried to save the situation.

I saw Flash get up, here we go. " Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends." 

I saw Peter thinking for a solution " I've met him, yeah. A couple times. But it's... through the Stark internship. Yeah well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it." He gave Ned an angry look. Oh he definitely fucked up. 

" Well that's awesome." Flash smiled " Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party. Right?" I had been asked for the party, and I wasn't planning on going, but if Ned and Peter were, I could think about it.

" Yeah, I'm having people over tonight." she smiled " You're more than welcome to come. 

Peter looked a bit taken aback by the fact he had been invited to a party " Having a party?" he asked dumbfounded. 

" Yeah, it's gonna be dope." Flash said " You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man, maybe he can bring The Flashlight as well." I rolled my eyes. Maybe I was gonna go. I'd have to ask dad first though.

Authors note:

Kind of a short chapter. Hopefully next one will be a bit longer, and less boring.