Review by Christiana: She Will Be Just Fine

Title: She Will Be Just Fine

Author: SoDoneWithYourShirt

Reviewer: Her_Royal_Cuteness

Summary: 4/5

I liked the summary and I think it shows the reader exactly what to expect in the book. I liked it but I felt that it was too short. The rhetorical question at the end really spoilt it for me. I expected her to go through great tribulation before finally being alright because that is what the summary planted in my imagination. I suggest maybe changing the summary or removing the question completely.

Grammar: 4/5

I didn't see any grammatical error of consequence but there were plenty punctuation errors. The most noticeable was the placing of the comma after the last quotation mark.

Example: 

"I'll be fine". Ben said, is wrong.

Instead: 

"I'll be fine." Ben said, is correct.

The full stop is supposed to be before the ending quotation mark. Same goes for comma, question mark, or really any punctuation mark before the last quotation mark.

[also, ray_of_sunshine9 here to be a bit annoying and clarify an additional rule. If dialogue is followed by a verbal dialogue tag(such as 'he said', 'she whispered', 'she exclaimed' – or anything referring tohow the character says the words), there should be a comma before the closinginverted commas. If it's anything else, this comma should be replaced by aperiod (or a question mark for a question and exclamation mark for anexclamation). In this instance, 'he said' directly refers to the words being spoken. Therefore, to be completely correct, it should be: "I'll be fine," Ben said.]

Character Building: 5/5

I really liked Uche, I could relate to her at once. Being Nigerian too, I could immediately connect to the issues she was facing. I liked that you kept her consistent throughout. I also liked the turmoil she was in, the battle been what she really wanted and what her parents wanted. I was happy that she finally stood up to her parents but I think her mother's reaction was a little bit unrealistic. My mother is Igbo too and depending on the era Uche's mom was born, I don't think Igbo mothers would give their child a hug after the tongue lashing the child gave, no matter how proud they are of the child. My mother would beat me into a coma twice; once for talking back to her and again for daring to tell her I don't need a husband.

Writing Style: 5/5

I think that inspirational writing is really your forte. Keep it up! It's a shame that it was so short.

Plot: 4/5

I enjoyed this book. The issues it tackled were unique and different in a good way.

OVERALL SCORE: 22/25

Thanks for requesting a review! Tell a friend to tell a friend about this community.