Review by Katerina: Scarlett

Title: Scarlett

Author: xXMoonxButterflyXx

Reviewer: KaterinaRatina

Summary: 1/5

Before I read the synopsis, I checked out the summary of your book, and I noticed that there really wasn't one; it was just a quote (presumably from the book).

Don't get me wrong; I love the idea of using quotes at the top of a summary, but it still needs an actual summary for a book. What you've done inspires questions to some extent, but it doesn't do it in a way that makes me actually want to pick up the book and read it.

There were some things that confused me, and they probably wouldn't have if there had been a summary, but more on that later.

Grammar: 5/5

As far as I noticed, there were no grammar errors in this part of your story, which is good! Having a lot of grammar errors tends to take away from the story and make it difficult to read and focus on.

Your paragraphs were a good length: not so short that it seemed like each one was only one line long, but not so long that my eyes began drifting before I finished the paragraph and I lost my place.

Writing Style: 5/5

You had an interesting writing style; it was extremely formal and seemed almost as if I was reading something written a long time ago, but it wasn't so different that I was confused and hated what I was seeing!

Plot + Originality: 4/5

The plot was interesting, and it's super original! I would give it a five out of five, but this is just the beginning of the story, and I don't know what's going on quite yet. I was left a little confused at some points; the part where she kisses the victim and he loses himself in his lust just seems unrealistic, but I also don't know what's going on at all.

OVERALL SCORE: 15/20

- One comment I have is that this isn't really a synopsis. It's more of a prologue to the story (maybe even the first chapter, depending on the rest of the story). The synopsis of a book is essentially your summary, which this was definitely not

- This was an interesting story, and I would love to know more about what's going on and who this woman is, as well as what time period this story takes place in (it strikes me as a Renaissance sort of era). I can't wait to see more of what you've written!

- I like that brief switch to first person at the very end; it's almost as if the narrator was watching the whole thing from somewhere, but if it wasn't intentional, you may want to fix that!