Review by Gnome: Tempest

Title: Tempest

Author: __A__Poets__Heart__

Reviewer: GnomeMercy

Summary: 4/5

Overall, you have a good summary. It explains that this is a poetry collection, which is suggested when it comes to a summary. In terms of grammar, the sentence:

"A book of my original poetry" needs to end with a period.

If you wanted to add anything extra (this is optional, of course. Your summary is fine as it is), you can talk about the topics of these poems and the purpose of these poems—but that's optional, of course. (If you want more in-depth help when it comes to blurbs for poetry collects, I really recommend "101 Writing Tips from an Exhausted Reviewer" by ray_of_sunshine9 because that literally saved my life, I am not kidding.)

Grammar: 4/5

When it comes to poetry, it's hard to judge as quite a handful of rules that apply for normal writing don't apply for poetry.

Overall, you grammar was on point, but there were some times where I noticed small typos.

In the poem "Ashes", I noticed a double space in the last stanza—third line— between "away," and "life".

In "Maybe", the last line, it said "whats"—with no apostrophe. I recommend putting one so it becomes "what's"—an abbreviation for "what is".

In the poem "When I Was Young", it said "My God, My God" (line twenty, or, for simplicity's sake, last stanza, fourth line). The second "my" doesn't need to be capitalised as it's after a comma. It should be: "My God, my God".

In the last line of "I Wish", you capitalised the "w" on "what's"—since it was in the middle of the sentence, it wasn't necessary.

In the poem "I Don't"—which was one of my favourites—the word "clouds" was capitalised (line 15).

Lastly, in "Philophobia" (I have a limit of 50 chapters, sorry about that) there was a sentence that said:

Who's Dad broke their hearts.

"Who's" is an abbreviation of "who is". It should be "whose" as that is meant to be used in this scenario.

Diction + Figurative Language: 4/5

You had a vast array of cool poems—some were serious, and others funny. Quite a lot of them were well done and well written, too. However, I did feel as if more literary devices could be utilised—things such as similes and metaphors—but I'm being a bit nit-picky, here. I adored your poems and found them enjoyable and full of meaning, so well done!

Message Conveyed: 5/5

Every poem had a message—that was clear. Especially that clarinet one. That is exactly what clarinets be like. But, on a serious note, I think some of your poems had such motivational meanings—others had sad ones, too. I can't say much here, just that each poem was oozing with emotion. I'm sure you meant every word.

Emotions Evoked: 5/5

On the topic of emotions, some of your poems made me laugh (especially the Clarinet Haiku. I actually snorted) whilst others made me feel a sense of sympathy, empathy and understanding. I absolutely adored "I Don't" and "Disapproval" as they meant something to me, personally, but you had a vast array of poems that could resonate with anyone who read them, so well done! I can tell poetry means a lot to you. 

OVERALL SCORE: 22/25

Overall, you have a wonderful set of poems that have meaning and emotion to them. You use a variety of different poetry techniques and styles, and I love how most of them aren't mainstream at all. I recommend just going through your poems for typos—the ones you have are pretty easy to find and fix—and also maybe try using more literary devices, but I think you have so much potential, and I can't wait to see more of your poems in the future! I hope this helps.