The Difference |1|

September 29th ^ Kimani
Thursday, 7:00pm
Kimani POV

I sat on the bed facing away from the door and looking out the window. I touched the fresh bruise on my face as a tear fell. How did life even get like this.

The door behind me softly opened. "Bae, come take a shower with me" My long time boyfriend, Shia said coming into the room.

I ignored him and kept my stare out the window. "You heard me?" He said a little louder which made me jump.

"Huh?.. what you say" I said breaking my trance and looked at him wiping my tear.

"I said come take a shower with me.. don't be crying around me, I do that shit to you cause I love you and you need to learn a lesson" he said taking off his shirt.

"Mhm" I said not wanting to speak.

"Speak when you talking to me, now get up" he said pulling me by hands.

He walked me into the bathroom and shut the door behind us. He planted a kiss on my lips and trailed it down to my neck.

I watched as he started the shower and waited until it was warm and smoke from it was starting to come out.

He took off my clothes for me and he did the same to himself. I got in the shower first and he came in after me.

I felt his kisses on my back as I washed my body down with the rag.

After we took a shower, I got dressed in one of his shirts that covered my body and I put my thick curly hair in some plats.

"Go make me something to eat, I'm bout to make some calls" he told me.

I nodded and went downstairs and looked through the kitchen for something to cook up. I pulled out frozen chicken, rice and frozen green beans.

I put the chicken in the sink under running water and I filled up a pot of water and put it on the stove and poured the rice in and did the same with the green beans.

An Hour Later...

I placed the plate of food in front of him at the table and then sat down on the other side and put my plate down first then sat down.

He took a bite from the food and moaned. "Damn this good babeh" he said.

"Thank you, I know you don't like normal cooked rice so I just fried it" I said.

"Well I like it" he said then ate more of the food.

I ate my food and he tried to put out a conversation but I only gave him short answers cause I was still upset about earlier.

"I know you upset, but let me take you out tomorrow and treat you nice" he said wiping his mouth.

"Okay that's fine" I nodded. After dinner we washed up and went back up to bed.

The Next Morning..

"Babe" I said fluttering my eyes open.

He didn't answer so I felt the space behind me and he wasn't there. I sighed, he was out again with another woman last night I see.

I got up from the bed and grabbed my sketching pad. Whenever I would get stressed out or bored I would draw something that's around me.

It's my habit and I was really good at drawing, in fact, I wanted to be a tattoo artist one day and open my own shop for it to.

Shia always knew my dream of becoming one and he never cared to help me out. I ask him all the time to buy me a tattoo at home kit but he never wants to do it and always say that he's saving up for us to get a better house for us.