sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

THE APARTMENT OF ELIZA HALL WAS QUIET AS IT PASSED TEN O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, THE GIRL SLEEPING AWAY THE LAST DAY OF 2019. after a successful shopping trip with nessa and riley, eliza had spent the rest of the evening sleeping after returning home.

it felt weird at first for the girl to be sleeping in her bed without jaden beside her, or having the shouts of her brother or other boys in the home. but instead, she slept in silence, the faint sounds of Jaden heavily breathing beside her not being there.

eliza was not planning on waking up anytime soon, well that was until she heard knocking coming from her front door.

'maybe if i ignore them, they'll go away'

thinking her thought process worked, eliza snuggled back into her pillow, about to close her eyes, when knocking was heard once again.

"for fuck sake!" eliza groaned, throwing her duvet off her, the girl throwing on a jumped, of which was actually jaden's, as she walked out of her bedroom, heading straight for the front door of her apartment.

ready to shout out at the person standing before bed, eliza opened the door, a smile instantly appearing on her face, the anger disappearing.

"hi."

"my kio bear!"

kio laughed as he caught the girl running into his arms, the two swaying back and forth, kio managing to walk inside eliza's apartment with the girl wrapped around him.

from the outside world, and to eliza's nosey neighbours, it probably looked like the girl was being a cheat, meeting her secret lover from the way she greeted kio. but that was just how the two rolled.

the two could act like a couple, with no romantic feelings involved, even more so now that both parts of the duo were taken. the two teenagers even deciding that they were soulmates.

the platonic kind of course.

and well, no one could argue with that.

"how come you came over now?" eliza asked her best friend as she dropped down, her feet now touching the floor. kio shrugged his shoulders as he watched eliza walk past him, closing her apartment door. "well you do know why you came here mr kio cyr, don't act dumb with me now."

"soitotallywanttodofacemasksbutrileywasbusyand-"

"wo-woah there cowboy, say that again but at a normal speed please." kio laughed as the two sat down on eliza's sofa, the teenager placing his bag down beside him.

"i totally want to do face masks right now, but Riley's busy and couldn't do them with me, so i thought what perfect time to do it with eliza, of whom i haven't seen for the last week."

"so technically i was your second choice because Riley was busy."

"well she is my girlfriend liza." kio mumbled, scratching the back of his neck as he was currently receiving the look from his best friend.

"i prioritise you more than jaden." eliza whispered, a frown appearing on her face as she wanted to guilt trip kio, to which it did not work on the teenager.

"and that's supposed to make me feel bad?"

"i hate you kio cyr."

"i know you do, now let's do face masks."