ᴏɴᴇ-ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ

"SO, WE'VE VISITED THE WALL OF LOVE, BEEN TO AN AMAZING RESTAURANT AND NOW WE'RE BACK AT THE EIFFEL TOWER AT NIGHT- ARE YOU PROPOSING JADEN?" jaden let out a shaky laugh as he scratched the back of his neck, making eliza gasp.

"i'm only joking jaden, we haven't been together a year yet, i wouldn't be ready for it yet." eliza commented, her turning her head to look at the scene of the eiffel tower at night, instead of seeing it in the daylight like they had done on the first day.

"oh yeah- i totally wouldn't do that." jaden muttered as he took eliza's hand in his. they were standing on the viewing floor of the eiffel tower, there being a few couples there, but not as many as they would have been throughout the day.

eliza leaned her head on jaden's shoulder, the two just enjoying each others company, neither one talking.

jaden let out a deep breathe, his nerves having come back throughout the date, him not sure if he is ready to do what he wanted to do.

"you know how i know that your deep in thought?" jaden shook his head to eliza's question. "you clench your hands, and because your hand is holding mine, i felt it."

"oh shit sor-"

"don't be sorry you idiot, i wasn't saying it in a bad thing." eliza commented, cutting off jaden before he could say sorry, as it wasn't something he should be sorry for.

eliza suddenly felt the temperature drop, a shiver running through her, jaden had noticed this- so he had done the thing most boyfriend would do.

gave eliza his jacket.

she whispered a thank you to the boy, as she felt the warmth of his jacket around her shoulders. but it was then that he grew confused as eliza lifted up a part of her scarf, that she had forgotten she had on, giving it to the boy, him having one side wrapped around his neck.

"you know this is the first time you've given me this jacket- you always prefer giving me ones you don't like."

"well this time i wanted you to wear it." jaden said, giving eliza's temple a kiss, her smiling as she leaned into the boy.

eliza put her hands in the pocket of jaden's jacket, the boys eyes widening when he realised something.

when putting her hands in the pockets, eliza felt a box in the left pocket. she hitched a breathe, jaden doing the same- neither one of them looking at one another but instead out onto the scenery.

"uh jaden, when i said about you proposing, i was joking right? like i love you extremely and all that-"

"for fuck sake- i had one job." he mumbled to himself, jaden looking down to see eliza already looking at him.

"wait what?" eliza exclaimed in a whisper, not wanting to draw attention to the couple with her shouting. eliza watched jaden's face, him taking a few deep breaths, to which make the girl understand why he was so nervous earlier.

"look that pocket."

it was eliza's turn to sigh, her hand shaking as she pulled out the box that was in the right pocket. it was a small velvet box, eliza gasping as her eyes began to water.

"open it." jaden whispered. he watched as eliza looked up at him, a surprised look sprawled onto her face.

he noticed her hands were shaking still, when she opened the box, him biting the side of his cheek.