Oikawa Tooru - Do You Feel What I Do?

AU: Soulmate - where you feel bursts of pain/emotion from your soulmate

AU: Soulmate - where you feel bursts of pain/emotion from your soulmate. When they both realize they are soulmates (they don't have to physically be together, it's when both just know they are), each other's name gets written on their wrist and the pain/emotion bursts lessen.

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN! Insecure! Reader, small mentions of self-hatred, a mention of stalking but like in a joking way... there is NO stalking in this au (like when you find yourself looking at someone and it feels like your invading their privacy but you're not (if that makes any sense))

Word Count: 3.5k+

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

The people around you would fall into a hushed silence or a sudden scream whenever Oikawa Tooru walked past your classroom. Was it an innate reaction? Or something one develops? Maybe it was his flirtatious nature that everyone seemed to like.

However, you only frowned slightly. You never thought someone like him would be your soulmate or that, after a month, you still haven't told him.

First, you suspected that your soulmate did, in fact, exist when you felt spikes of pain in your arms and legs, woke up feeling more tired than when you fell asleep, and felt completely exhausted before dinner.

Your soulmate just had to play sports...

You eliminated basketball because that won't explain the redness on your forearms, neither would tennis or frisbee. And it definitely wasn't swimming.

That left volleyball. But, you thought, even if your soulmate did play volleyball, that didn't mean they went to Aoba Johsai. Your next move was to attend one of the volleyball team's games, which was a lot easier than you thought it would be. Their next match aligned with your free period.

You never thought that you were the type to actively search for your soulmate, and even then, when you were searching for them, it was more out of curiosity than anything else. In fact, the idea of a soulmate scared you. Yes, this person was your 'other half', but would they even like that the other half that was you?

At the match, you watched all of the teams playing that day just in case you felt something from anyone. Your eyes searched through the blue, orange, white jerseys until a sharp pain went to your side.

A person, in Aoba Johsai colours, was down on the court. You peered over the bleachers, trying to see past the crowd of turquoise uniforms. You didn't see what happened, lost in your search, but it seemed bad. A boy with brown hair sat in the center of them, clutching his side. You recognize him. Oikawa Tooru. You've seen him around school sometimes. He was never alone; he was either with this one specific person or had a ground of people around him, which intimidated you a bit. You've never been good with groups of people.