Sugawara Koushi - Light Showers

Au: Regular

Au: Regular

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN!Reader (No pronouns used or reference to gender so eh), established relationship, Just a short fluff

Word Count: 1.7k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

The rain outside came down more like hail, harsh and cold with a strong wind to keep it in your face without stopping. You would have had your umbrella in front of you, using it to fend off the watery assault and keep yourself mostly dry. Would have, if your umbrella hadn't decided to cheat on you three minutes into the early morning walk to school and run away with the wind that had a grand old time lifting up its black skirt. You stood in the frigid rain, shivering in your school uniform and soaked to the bone, watching your only umbrella fly off like it was leaving you at the altar.

Water was dripping off your clothes once you got to school. Luckily, you weren't the only one, a number of students seemed to have been betrayed by the weather on their walk to school. But even so, the embarrassment seemed to soak through your skin as you felt everyone's eye's pass over your wet uniform.

Along with everyone else in the entree way, you were happy to hear over the announcements that classes would be delayed a few minutes due to the weather. Time to dry off.

"Want to use my towel? You're sopping." Without waiting for an answer, the warm cloth was draped over your head.

You looked away from your shoe locker and up to the silver-haired boy, giving him a smile before standing straight and falling into his chest. Luckily he was wearing his gym shirt from this morning's practice, but even so, he would complain.

"Hey! You're gonna get me wet too!"

You laughed, feeling his shirt become wet in your hold. "Deal with it, I'm freezing."

Moving the towel off your head, he brought it to your shoulders and began trying to soak up all the excess water from your uniform. "We should get you in front of a heater." He looked to the nearby hallway to find students in a similar mind, lining up against the wall where the heaters were turned on.

You continued to cling to his shirt as he walked you backwards toward them.

"How about, after practice, I walk you home and we can warm up? I brought my umbrella so we should be able to stay dry."

You, along with some of the students beside you, laughed. "You think we didn't bring our umbrellas?"

"You will suffer too, Sugawara. Have no doubt in that," one laughed before crouching down the dry their back.

Sugawara's head spun as he looked between you and the other wet and laughing students. A strand of grey hair flopped over his nose. He looked distraught. "You're joking."