Akaashi Keiji - The Editor

Au: ABO (alpha, beta, omega)

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN!Reader, time skip setting, ABO with a twist, harassment and swearing cause haha

Word Count: 3.8k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Sometimes you wanted to curse humanity for putting you in the position you were in. Science sometimes never knew when to stop asking questions. So of course when the theory of 'maybe there are other senses that exist that we can't use like seeing ultraviolet light' and once that started they just had to experiment.

When they started messing with pheromones and the ability to sense them things fell into orderly chaos. People went to get tested for their 'rank' and once it was received, they'd started forming groups, cliques, gangs, all for the purpose of having power and standings.

Views on celebrities and the rich started shifting, and any roles they had socially shifted to fit their stereotypical rank to market off of it. Strong women became weak and delicate with the role of omega, gentlemen became domineering and aggressive with the role of alpha and vice versa. Those that were assigned beta largely stayed unaffected personality-wise but became outcasts of sorts, ugly ducklings among swans and hawks.

The rich that were given the rank of omega were overthrown, robbed of their riches and replaced by an alpha that could 'use the money effectively.' It didn't matter if they donated to charity or were the most selfish person before the ranks were released. There were no omega ranks in positions of power.

Once governments and corporations saw the shift change from a focus on gender to ranks, they shifted with it. Advertising, limiting, sectioning, some began to simply call it 'rankphobia' or 'rankism' completely forgetting the root 'phobia' and '-ism' in the Greek language and archaically merging languages together.

What did people expect to happen? One form of domination through socially constructed power falls and another emerges.

You read articles and wrote essays about it, each harsher and more cynical than the last about the topic. You'd belittle the scientists for not working harder to override their created system. You'd spin words over injustices, excellently proving your knowledge and supporting your disapproval. No one cared though, you'd get at most a 70% on them as no teacher wanted to agree and get penalized for it if they agreed.

When they did you'd lash out, screaming across classrooms and later lecture halls about the discrimination the professors would show through their grading. You knew when actions became too much, but on occasion, your classmates, alpha's with strong arms, would have to hold you to the ground before you could maul any of them. A beta would step in as a moderator while omegas distracted.

You despised the world.

Rankings did nothing but force and/or permit the actions of people. And to make matters worse, before the creators could predict the subsequent events from their actions, they released a genetic procedure that would enhance people's senses to be able to differentiate their ranks without knowing the official tested result. Scent had become your worst enemy because your great grandfather insisted on getting a dose, and the mutation was passed on.