Kozume Kenma - Shift Pt 1

Au: Regular (timeskip)

Tags/Warnings: Dual POV, use of a pseudonym (username) instead of (Y/N) in most cases, swearing. More of a prologue

Word Count: 1.6k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Are you friends with any other streamers?" You paused momentarily, making your chair creak as you sat back. "Ya. I'd say so. I'm not best friends with any of them; I haven't had many opportunities to get that far. But I'm friends with a few. Uvo TV and Solarii I talk to the most. If you haven't seen their streams, they both do a lot more first-person shooters."

You glance at your main screen, waiting for the final portion of the loading animation to finish. Back at your secondary monitor, comments continue to roll by.

"I sadly can't stream any earlier in the day. I've got work to do. Be happy you have me most hours on the weekend... I have a job, yes; you must be new... I went to university, yes...."

Your lips purse. "Theatre and film."

A slew of comments fly by, each saying the same few words, all with the same sentiment.

<THEATRE KID>

They were laughing at you.

Clicking your tongue, you turned to your main screen. "I'm ignoring that. Half of you are theatre kids anyways. You can't talk."

Moving your fingers against your keyboard, you finally got your game going. Pushing your 3D rendered character into the next leg of the story. You've played through this game many times; first in high school. A classmate, sitting in the seat in front of you, had been watching the teaser trailer when he screeched in the middle of the teacher's lesson. It caught your attention from over his shoulder, and you approached him after class to ask about it. You played it repeatedly that year. The second game came out in your first year of university when you had become so sickly and depressed that all you could do was play the game while your fellow theatre-major roommate read out your scripts for you. The third instalment came out a month after you graduated. You decided to stream your playthrough on a whim since you had no job and could spend hours every day in front of your monitor.

Arcadia's Inferno. An open-world adventure game that tells the story of a seemingly harmonious world full of lively nature but holds secrets to a long since dead society. The story progresses with each game, and the world becomes more and more horrifying despite the beautifully designed scenery. It's masterful, unexpected, and you eat it up every time.

You had become established in the community of ADI quickly within a year, gaining way more followers than you could even fathom. And despite playing more games than Arcadia's Inferno, they stuck with you.

But then the developers contacted you, and you had to sign an NDA because they were making the series' fourth game. You were blown out of the water because they asked you to voice the main character for that game, which is the biggest dream come true, especially after training for 4 years to do voice acting. Still, you couldn't tell anyone because the trailer was only about to be dropped next week, and no one that wasn't working on the game knew anything about it, but you were one of those people and—