Kuroo Tetsurou - Private Lives

Au: Regular (Timeskip)

Requested

Tags/Warnings: F!Reader, The reader is a model. Take that as you will. Children, and mentions of past teen pregnancy. Unclear and probably inaccurate timeline

Word Count: 2.6k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

December

Team reunions, or just monthly dinners, are where the Nekoma boys volleyball team dedicates one day every month to meet up with their old friends and catch up. It's unlikely for everyone to attend, but the turnout was always enough to fill a whole section of tables and keep whatever restaurant they chose hustling for the evening.

Tipping isn't customary in Japan, so the men always made sure to compliment the food and thank the staff for their work.

When multiple generations of athletes congregate together, it is expected to cause a lot of noise. So when Kuroo's phone rang, he was surprised to even hear it go off in the first place.

"Already? It's too early?!" Kuroo shouted, nearly knocking over a bowl, and spun in his seat. He pressed his phone against his ear with his shoulder while gathering his belongings.

The voice on the other end sounded humoured. Which only made Kuroo sulk as he shuffled to his feet. His hair seemed to droop and bounce along with it.

"Don't scare me like that. I'll be there soon."

The boys at his table look over with tilted heads and quirked brows. Kai, sitting next to the former captain, nudged Kuroo in the leg.

"Emergency?" he asked.

"Ya, sorry guys, I have to head out early. Let me pay for drinks real quick."

"Don't worry about it. Just go."

Kuroo sighed, patting Kai on the shoulder and rushing out the door, leaving his unfinished dinner behind.

The men left in the restaurant assumed that it was work-related and continued with dinner.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

January

"He already left for Russia?! That ass he should've told us, we could have thrown him a party." While thinking of the lanky silver-haired boy living it up in a foreign country, Yamamoto huffed into his glass.

"He's there for work with his sister, not moving." Yaku huffed before taking a bite from his dish. "Apparently, they got a gig with this other Japanese model for some clothing brand. Outdoor shoot, I think."

"Oh?" Inuoka's head perked up. "Do you know who?"

Yaku pinched his nose, riffling through the drawers of his mind to try and find the folder that usually sat in the waste bin titled 'unimportant celebrities'. "Uh. (L/N)?"