Kozume Kenma - Shift Pt 3

Au: Regular (timeskip)

Tags/Warnings: Dual POV, use of a pseudonym (username: ForestFire) instead of (Y/N) in most cases, swearing.

Word Count:2.3k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"No way."

Uvo groaned at Kodzuken's response. "You don't have to stay long if you don't want to, Kenma. But, It would be great if you came. Solarii doesn't get to celebrate her birthday often."

"Doesn't sound like my cup of tea."

"But talking with strangers online is?"

Kenma sat silently, but the clicking of his keyboard could be heard through the phone.

"Okay, look. There's going to be maybe 12 people there, max. And only a bit of it will be filled. You can avoid the camera if you'd prefer. We just want you there."

Kenma remained silent, thinking over the possibilities of what could happen. Likely, he ends up tucked away in the corner, trying to call for Solarii's dog to keep him company or play video games on his phone. The latter of which seemed a bit more enjoyable.

"We'll be playing Mario Kart and other stuff!" Uvo sang in a final attempt to sway Kenma's mind.

"Who's gonna be there?"

"Uh, well, Solarii, of course, me, Forest—"

"I'm in. Send me the details."

"Aweso—"

Kenma hung up, going back to his game.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

As Uvo gathered everyone and everything for Solarii's birthday, you were tasked with distracting her for the morning until you got the okay text to bring her back to her apartment. After a full day of streaming, so she could take the day off, she was desperate just to go home and relax.

You tugged at her wrist, dragging her behind you while she slouched, long black hair hanging like curtains in front of her face. "I'll buy you a dress, candy, cute cat ears or something, please! Just spend an hour with me!"

She let out a tired laugh, standing straight so that she could rest her forehead on your shoulder. "Can we just sit down and eat fries or something?"

"Fine," you sighed. "I'll get you all the fries you could dream of!"

"It's so early. How are you so loud?"

"It's mid-day."

"Early," she groaned, letting you drag her to the mall's dining hall, where she sat, head flat against a table with her eyes closed while you got the fries.