Iwaizumi Hajime - Paperwork

Au: Royal Knights (?) royal fantasy?

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN!Reader, No big plot, just a concept really.

Word Count: 2.4k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You watched the knights as their blades clashed against each other with a rattling clang before swinging out in wide arcs and coming in to make contact again. The sunlight bounced off the sharpened edges of their weapons, flashing like erratic stars. The arrows, in particular, were very blinding, as they flew at remarkable speeds towards the centre of their targets in rapid succession. Their glares were eager to pull you out of your pensive gaze at the grass patched dirt the knight's feet danced across.

Your stare tried to follow the last arrow as it zipped to the training targets where a woman, standing tall in her leather boots stared downtown at the two men before her with her arms crossed. Dubbed "Slingshot" this woman was the best in the cavalry for her bow skills, many of your co-workers thought she was better put to use on frequent expeditions, but Slingshot refused many, choosing to train recruits more often than not. "Teach a person to fish," she'd say.

Who seemed to be the youngest of the three, squirmed against the arm that was wrapped around his neck, bow a quiver dropping in the process. He must've been one of her many trainees.

The man that held the boy in the position spot to Slingshot with an unchanging irked expression, mouth slightly downturned and eyes pinched. He wrestled the kid under his arm as he spoke, not taking his eyes off of the taller woman as he did until the blonde kid slumped into a hunched stance, fists clenched at his sides. The man's black hair looked as if it spiked straighter once he could relax his posture.

Whatever he was saying to Slingshot, seemed to amuse her though, as her head flung back with her mouth wide and eyes closed and smacked and partially leather-covered hand onto his shoulder.

Letting the boy go, the spiky-haired man let the boy go, gesturing to the dropped weapons before walking off. The boy picked the tools up, shoving them into a still laughing Slingshot's chest, before running to follow the man that held him in a chokehold. His jaw dropped, yelling something you couldn't hear as he ran.

You sighed, dropping the hand from your cheek and looking at the paperwork that was piling up on your desk. You sighed as you caught another page as it fell off the edge.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

There was a knock on your office door, making the tick old wood rattle on its hinges and echo through your room. Your fingers were light on the papers as you hurried them into a more presentable pile. Picking up your quill, you brought it to an already signed paper feigning being busy as you called for the visitor to come in.