Akaashi Keiji - Lost in- What Word? Pt 1

AU: Single Parent

AU: Single Parent

Requested

Word Count: 4.5k+

Disclaimer: Fem! Reader, Time skip spoilers, Udai being a meta Furudate insert, just fluff

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Akaashi wasn't sure if Udai was naturally forgetful, or just held so much anticipation in his smaller form that he glossed over details and didn't realize it. Udai was an excellent author despite not having reached the major public yet. His first published work was short and eerie which most of the shonen reading population didn't greedily rip off the shelves. Although, those that did read it gave him overwhelming support, maybe the rest of the world wasn't ready for that kind of psychological horror just yet.

When Akaashi originally applied for a position at the publishing company he intended to work in the literature department, editing lengthy novels and picking out grammatical errors, not reading conversations via text bubbles and looking for continuity errors between images. He never did pick out the exact moment he went from editor to fact-checker and archivist. Akaashi also never knew how many different ways there were to translate a single word until he met you. And once he did, he realized that his eyes would follow you across the office as you ran around and spoke to other editors, helping them furnish their translations so that they flowed properly.

"Tenma, isn't he meant to be out of the rotation for this panel?" Akaashi couldn't help but grimace when faced with the utter despair that had pulled on Udai's typically eased expression. The panel itself was masterfully drawn, taking up two pages and showing off Udai's immense talent in drawing expressions and anatomy.

"I spent 8 hours on that, only to find out that it needs to be scrapped. What has my life come to?"

The yellow office lights made both of the men's hair give off a green tinge and made their faces look sickly. Udai frowned as he pushed his chair back and let his chin sit on the table of the small meeting room. His hair curled around his fingers as they gently tugged on the ends of the wavy black stands, straightening them only to let them go and have them bounce back into place.

Akaashi flipped through the printed out pages of the chapter, letting the loose papers lay flat on the table. He pointed to the next pages. "These are fine though. They're in the right rotation here, so not all is lost at least."

Udai sighed, as he threw his weight back into the chair, making it spin with his momentum. "That's all well and good, but I was really proud of that panel. It was going to be the attention grabber."

Akaashi pursed his lips gently, flipping through the pages once more before tucking them into the pale yellow folder and closing it. Udai's new story was in its beginning stages, only having a sample chapter that would be published in the following week's magazine, that is if they got it done in time.