Kuroo Tetsurou - Headline Pt 3

AU: Parent

AU: Parent

FEM! Reader

Word Count: 2k

*I don't know much about motherhood or surgery tbh....so please suspend your belief a bit :) thanks

Also! Please read the ending author note!

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

"Is Kuroo Tetsurou done with volleyball?"

You never hated your bed so much. There were times when your only wish was to be lying in your bed, but ever since your doctor put you on bed rest for two weeks after you gave birth, you never resented it more. Especially when it meant that Kuroo would be lodging in your apartment.

You tried to convince him to go back to Tokyo, claiming that he should think about his career and that he couldn't abandon it. However, Kuroo didn't even seem fazed as he brushed you off and stayed.

Honestly, you felt a little suffocated. You went from months of being by yourself to having two more people crammed into your tiny apartment.

All you heard was Kuroo making conversation with your neighbours and the loud shrieks of Naoko when he wanted something. Luckily, you had Mei—sent from the heavens—Mei who watched your son when Kuroo got groceries or when you needed an extra hand.

What you resented the most was not being able to sooth your son. When you'd hear Naoko cry, your first instinct was to get up, go to his crib, and hold him, but you couldn't.

You cherished the moments when Kuroo or Mei brought Naoko to you and you were able to hold your son until your arms went numb. In the time you got alone with him, you'd ask Kuroo to clean up the apartment, make meals or do random tasks.

After the first week, you started to feel a little guilty. Kuroo never said no to you. Maybe because he was scared that he'd mess up and you'll kick him out, but it was more in the way Kuroo held his son. Of course, you saw love and affection in his eyes, but Kuroo held Naoko as if he was going to break and slip away from him.

If the two of you were either going to rekindle your relationship or from something new, he couldn't be scared of you.

"Why don't you take Naoko out?" you suggested.

Kuroo froze in his spot. He was leaning down, hovering over the opening of the crip and playing with— the now— awake Naoko. "Out? Like outside?"

You laughed and picked up your phone from the nightstand. "Yes. It's a nice day, and both of you should get some fresh air. And it's not like I can do it, so you should."

"Right," he said and bolted from the crib into the living area where the stroller was. "Of course, fresh air."

He brought the stroller into the room and picked up Naoko from his crib. He held him in his arms for a bit, contemplating. You could hear him whisper, "you can go out in your pyjamas. I do it all the time! It'll be fine."