Kageyama Tobio - Sleep

AU: Regular

AU: Regular

Tags/ Warnings: GN! Reader, ooc Kags (?), more like a drabble than a full story

Word Count: 1.3k

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

You'd wake up in the morning and only feel the lingering warmth of Kageyama in your bed. Indents in the pillows and crumpled-up sheets were your only evidence that he actually came back from his practises. He was careful not to wake you up, but sometimes you wished he did. Sometimes, the nights where he accidentally nudged you or pulled too much of the blanket were the only time you saw him.

You knew his drive, passion, and love, maybe more than he did, so you understood why he got up earlier than you and why he was home after you were already asleep or on the brink of sleep that you'd only exchange a few words before he told you to rest. You had long days too, and even though you tried to stay up, even if you found it easy to stay up late before, the tiredness of the day would get to you, and you'd fall asleep unintentionally before midnight.

Somedays were better than others. You'd had lunch and dinner dates and special occasions that he took off. Other days you wouldn't see him at all, and you had a creeping suspicion that today would be one of those days.

It didn't even bother you that much, you liked having time to yourself and making your own schedules that didn't necessarily have to fit Kageyama's, but today you felt it — or rather, you felt nothing except for the lingering warmth and the indents in the bed that made you feel alone.

You've lived by yourself before. Technically, you lived by yourself now; this entire week has been a test trial since Kageyama suggested moving in together. You knew that he had late nights and early mornings — you also had late nights and early mornings — but you were starting to feel his absence. You still had your lunch and dinner dates, breaks between his practices, both mandatory and voluntary, and your own schedules, but you expected him to actually be at home.

When you were in your own apartment, it was different. You expected and were comfortable being alone, and knowing that you and Kageyama were together was enough to ease your mind into a nice relationship.

You woke up alone like you usually did. You went to sleep alone like you usually did. But now, the emptiness dawned on you and you felt more were glorified roommates rather than anything else.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Kageyama looked forward to seeing you today. You were already sleeping by the time he stopped practicing and he promised one of his teammates that he would train with them more in the morning. He missed you. Yes, he slept beside you that night but he hasn't heard you talk or laugh since...he couldn't remember when and that was a bad sign to him.

The adrenaline of the practice ran through his blood, and the rush of the final games of the season settled in his bones. Volleyball was his passion, but you were the rest of his life. He was never good at expressing it, but he hoped you knew because he felt like you knew everything.