Yamaguchi Tadashi - Thunderclouds

AU: University (dormmates)

Requested

GN! Reader

Word Count: 1K

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•

"Yams! Our 1:30 got cancelled. Mr Hitachi is sick."

You scrolled through your email lazily. Cold rain has been pouring the past few days and a number of your classes and lectures have been cancelled. The older prof had gotten sick after travelling between lectures earlier in the week and the younger ones figured commuting through the city while it rained would only hold students back and shove to put their teaching material online for notes. Closing the window, you switched over to the Webflix tab you had opened and played one of the many rom-coms that were available.

"Seriously? Dang it. I could have waited another day," Yamauchi whined as he patted his hair down with his green towel. "I thought you didn't like romance? Why are you watching a rom-com?"

As he sat in the corner of the small couch next to you, Yamaguchi lifted a leg to rest on the table next to your laptop. You let out an amused huff.

"It's not that I don't like romance, it's just that's there's so much responsibility in relationships ya know? But in romcoms they make it look easy while making funny mistakes along the way. It's kind of endearing."

"Really?"

You nodded. "And besides," you said, picking up the warm tea that rested on the table, pointing to his own mug that you prepared. "It's good background noise for when I'm working on something."

"So you don't even watch the movie." He stated.

"I watch it!" He only gave you a look while pointing to the sketchbook you had in your lap and taking a sip of his own tea. "Sometimes," you corrected.

Chuckling, he set down his mug and turned to rest against the armrest, lifting his arm to the back of the couch. As he did the clean shirt he wore started to lift up along the side of his stomach, showing off a bit of the toned muscle and skin he got after years of playing volleyball.

Your hands started to feel even warmer against the mug you started holding tighter.

"So what's this movie about." He asked, reaching for his mug again.

"If I knew, it would ruin all the cliches don't you think?"

Yamaguchi raised a brow, "don't you hate cliches?"

You could feel the heat from your hands begin to crawl up your arms toward your neck like little mosquitoes looking for the best source of blood. Which just so happened to be your face at this very moment. You shot your eyes back to the screen before you, just in time to see the main protagonist nearly get hit by a car, only to get saved by the love interest.

"Shut up, Yams."

From the corner of your eye, you could see the pointed smile that grew on his face. He tried to cover the expression with his hand, but the gentle snicker escaped him before he could.

"You better be laughing at the movie," You huffed.

Not bothering to hide it any longer, Yamaguchi openly laughed. You sent him another glare before tugging the folding blanket off the back of the couch and draping across your lap.

The movie went on. The female lead found out her love interest was engaged, her best friend joked around, and the male lead continued to lead her on despite his previously mentioned engagement. You groaned lightly but continued watching because despite all the things that could have been easily avoided it was entertaining.

There was a tugging.

"Let go."

"But I'm cold and you're hogging the blanket."

You pulled the soft material closer to your chest, effectively getting it out of his kneading paws. There was a warm prickly feeling on your ankle. Trying to bury a laugh in your stomach, you growled in Yamaguchi's direction.

"Let go."

His eyes were shot wide open, and his lips were pushed together in a pout. He didn't say anything, and before you could either your weight was shifted and pulled. With your head and shoulders thrown over the armrest, you effectively looked down at Yamaguchi who held your legs on either side of his waist while wearing an overly happy grin. Heat began to build up in your chest before rolling through your arms and neck until it sat in your cheeks.

Yamaguchi's legs rested under your own and his feet curled behind your back, pushing against the side of the couch. Despite the somewhat awkward position, he had effectively gotten the blanket over his legs. And he looked happy about it too.

Huffing, you crossed your arms and turned back to watching the movie. Besides that, you didn't move.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•

The next morning was an odd one. The thunder from the days prior continued to roll through the clouds outside. Yamaguchi's neck hurt as it bent backwards over the couch. He could feel your legs that bent gently around his side. Looking over he saw you curled in a fetal position using his ankle as a makeshift head and neck rest. He grabbed his phone, checking the time (7:15 am, his alarm went off) and his emails (his lectures were cancelled again and thus yours were too). Using your arms as an anchor, he pulled you over, letting your body flop into his chest. He then manoeuvred the tangled blanket out from between the two of you and flicked back to cover the both over along the length of the couch.

He took the still moment to laugh at the look on your face. Brow furrowed and lips pursed, you looked as though you were glaring at him even in your sleep.

Chuckling, he pulled you closer, "Ah, what a tsun-tsun."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•

Most of the readers on my stories are female, (which I understand), But is there a want for different reader types? I'm not opposed to writing it so long as it's desired, but I would like to know because I want to be as inclusive as possible without compromising the storytelling.

Feel free to message me at any time either in a direct message or Instagram.  -Bacon

Posted: 24/04/2020