Iwaizumi Hajime - That One Time

AU: Soulmate/Body Swap

Requested

Warning/Tags: Depictions of harassment, It's not too explicit but even so be cautious, established relationship, It's a short one this time

Word Count: 2k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•

"(Y/N), would you mind being home a bit early today, we have to go visit your grandmother." Your mother ran around the kitchen as she tried to get a handle on organizing the dozens of ingredients she had laid out to bake for your aforementioned grandmother.

Licking your lips, you looked out the nearest window to the sunrise that was just hovering over the houses and trees that hid the horizon. You let out a slow sigh, biting into your cheek. "Can't I just stay at school for a while longer? Or maybe just not even go? It's not like she'll remember me anyway with the way her memory is going."

Your mother gave you an unimpressed look, immediately pulling down the corners of your strained smile. She blinked slowly and let the bottom row of her teeth poke out like a bulldog. "Funny," she said, grabbing the large bag of flour. "I'll call you when I want you to come back from school."

Clicking your tongue you looked away from her gaze and grabbed your bag, hopping a little you get your shoulder underneath the arm strap. "Alright, I'm going!" you called behind you as you forced your shoes on.

"Stay safe!"

You scoffed.

The walk to and from school had never been a totally welcoming one. Living in the crowded part of town where people were often found late at night, you'd often have your fair share of run-ins with rowdy characters that likely let go of their inhibitions.

The scuttling of rats could be heard in the hidden corners of every alley. Trash rolled over the ground with every gust of wind. You sighed, now wishing you had chosen to go to that boarding school on the clean side of town. At least that way you wouldn't need to walk through a dumpster fire.

You adjusted the tuck of your shirt into the waistband of your uniform uncomfortably as you felt the stares of loitering groups as you walked by the various bar windows. Hearing a quick whistle behind you, you sneered but continued forward. Not sparing them a glance and you stomped your shoes into the concrete.

"Hope those aren't law books you're carrying!" another slurred. You could hear them trip over their untied, ill-fitting shoes and oversized pants. An involuntary gag slithered its way to the back of your tongue

The stares seemed to continue burning the back of your neck until you turned the next corner. Not even another step was taken before you blinked your eyes at the fluorescent lighting that suddenly glared at you.